cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left not Showing

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

marinacoser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Well, can you share how to solve it please?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the feedback regarding the progress bar on the Dropbox desktop application. 

In relation to this matter, I’ve forwarded this information to our dev team to make them aware of your comments. 

[edit - 29th March] 

As an update to this thread, I've received confirmation that the 'time left' prompt has been removed from the Dropbox desktop application.

We do appreciate the feedback that we have received so far, and would like to let you know that our developers are being made aware of your comments.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Are you going to do anything to help us solve the issue? I havent been contacted by anyone. 

marinacoser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Problem remains here too, no feedback whatsoever

pepe1967
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Having the same problem too!! I dropbox video content remotely and need to let my office know how long till everything is uploaded, however I no longer get an estimate of time left for sync to complete.

Sile667
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same problem here, it's very annoying.

availablelight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

i have the same issue... the 'time remaining' is missing from my dropdown too. it used to appear when you click on the dropbox icon in the menu bar. it was at the bottom of the dropdown window. not there anymore! please put it back! i also have clients that i need to inform when their download will be ready.

tgzb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same problem here. Please bring it back, it's extremely important to know that information!

gloson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes, your dev team didn't remove the time estimate on purpose, did they? Hope you're not following in Apple's footsteps to remove the time estimate for their battery life. One of the main reasons I use Dropbox instead of Google Drive is because of the time estimate, so please don't take that away, otherwise, I might have to find an alternative solution.

Toconnell88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm also having this problem. It just shows the connection speed, whereas it used to display the time remaining. Extremely inconvenient and I'd appreciate some sort of update on when this will be fixed.

Need more support?