Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

7 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted

Try to instal the program-stuck

I should say: I do instal the program on the pc but when I try to log in it is stuck here

wont do anything else dropbox.jpg

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Try to instal the program-stuck

Proxy setting on teh Sync tab in Dropbox Preferences set to No Proxy?

7 Replies
Super User II

Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software you're running, and try again.

Level 2

I have the same issued on my new windows 10 laptop, did turn off antivirus and/or firewall software, turn off proxie detection at time of download and install but it did not let me enter my email address to link account.

I have contacted business support  they gave ticket # but did not give me instruction or help to resolve. So why Dropbox charged me $1K/year and couldn't deliver the service or assistant. If Dropbox wants to continue to charge me $1K for next year renewal; then find someone to talk to me. Here is my ticket#8633820

tried and I still can't log on. The window there is still the same. I really do not want to leave my antivirus disables for more than one minute

Super User II

Proxy setting on teh Sync tab in Dropbox Preferences set to No Proxy?

it was on auto. Should I choose No Proxy?

alright I tried no proxy, restarted the program and now it;s stuck here :( Untitled.jpg

k I did another restart of the program and now it seemsto work. Currently it;s syncing the files in the folder. Thanks for the help, I'll be back if there;s anything wrong

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post