cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no way to dismiss notifications?

7 Comments
3 Kudos

Why is there no way to dismiss notifications?

Did Dropbox actually design their comment notification system with no ability to dismiss notifications I've read? Am I missing something? If this is how they designed it it a ridiculously stupid idea.
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Re: Why is there no way to dismiss notifications?

I agree - it is a ridiculous design.

The only work around seems to be to right click and 'Mark as Spam'

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Mark wrote:
The only work around seems to be to right click and 'Mark as Spam'

I just did this to clear 11 messages that were as old as 3+ years. I hope it doesn't affect any of the accounts associated with the shared folders as some are work-related; I just simply couldn't take seeing those severely outdated notifcations anymore. e

Unless marking it as Spam is as poorly designed as the notification system itself, I would think marking a notification as SPAM would prevent receiving other notices like it or from that person. It gets rid of the notifications but I wouldn't call it a legitimate workaround if that's the case since it literally breaks it further. This is a ridiculously poorly designed system. Dropbox should be embarrassed.
Level 2

I've seen complaints about this dating back several years. They don't care one bit and that's why I decided to use the only tool they allowed me to use. I followed up on my ongoing support email chain telling them so.

Don't blame you for doing what you have to do. Did you get any other notifications from those people who sent the ones you marked as SPAM?
Level 2

I asked a colleague in the office and they haven't received any notification about the shared folder being marked as spam yet (been about 2 hours).

I wouldn't think a spammer would be notified (at least they shouldn't be). Curious if you'd receive notifications again from that person. If so, then both notifications AND spam prevention are broke.