cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
2 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 3

Why won't Dropbox.com load?

Hi,

My old computer is out of memory so I deleted my Dropbox desktop app.  Now I can't find nor figure out how to add back the link to Dropbox.com.  The icon used to be linked to my taskbar so that it showed up when I booted up the computer.  Bottom line, I want to use Dropbox.com exclusively and want to have access conveniently nearby when I start my computer (vs. having to go online and logging in from my browser).   Please provide the steps to make this happen.

Thank you.

R Hammond

Tags (2)
2 Replies
New Super User

Re: Why won't Dropbox.com load?

Hey @roknrobn 

So if I am understanding correctly, you just want a shortcut on your computer that will take you to Dropbox.com right? 

Instructions to Create a Shortcut

Almost every browser has this ability. If you are on Chrome, just go to the website you want to create the shortcut for, click the 3 lines in the upper right, click More Tools, then click Create a shortcut.

Hope this helps!

New Super User

Re: Why won't Dropbox.com load?

@roknrobn

Did my instructions above work for you?

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post