Announcements
Known issues - updated July 19th see more

Windows 7: Dropbox "Downloading X files (Y KB/sec, Z min left)" forever

2 Comments
0 Kudos
Level 1

Windows 7: Dropbox "Downloading X files (Y KB/sec, Z min left)" forever

Windows 7: Dropbox "Downloading X file (y KB/sec, z min left)" forever

As seen here -- http://i.imgur.com/asxYkmg.png -- they never finish downloading/syncing. The speed & duration remains the same indefinitely. On some exit+relaunch, it loses the network speed & time estimate.

Things tried:
- Updated Dropbox to 3.4.3 (was present on the earlier version, though I no longer know the number)
- Unlink/relink the computer (and reboot computer)
- Uninstall Dropbox, delete all .dropbox files, reinstall dropbox (and reboot computer)
- Toggle Proxy Settings from Auto to None (& back)
- Toggle LAN sync

No third-party firewall software running, no QoS management on router, sync works fine on other Windows 7 machines.

According to Resource Manager, when it starts up there's about 3kB/sec, average split send/receive; quickly drops down to ~50B/sec, with disk activity only writing 'Z:\$LogFile (NTFS Volume Log)' -- not touching anything else.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies
Level 1

Re: Windows 7: Dropbox "Downloading X files (Y KB/sec, Z min left)" forever

Bump.

Level 1

Re: Windows 7: Dropbox "Downloading X files (Y KB/sec, Z min left)" forever

I've been having the same issue with a Windows 7 laptop for over a year...  it can UPLOAD changes and new files just fine, immediately, without a problem... but cannot successfully download changes or new files.  I've checked the permissions and run the steps found at

https://www.dropbox.com/help/72?path=syncing_and_uploads

to no avail.  I've updated, unlinked, and re-installed.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4933
Mark 3902
Jane 1121
Greg K. 830
Tom_M 886