Did you mean: 

blank login screen with dropbox app on windows 7 pc

SOLVED
165 Comments
17 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Blank SignIn Dialog

Thanks for your workaround! Helpful!!!

Anyway, here is the official link https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-15-4-22/m-p/195732#M3502

Level 2

wow so glad i saw your post. i had the exact same issue with the latest stable build and even tried a version below it but still wouldn't work. tried the latest beta build. nadda. but tried 15.4.22 like you suggested and walla, it miraculously worked! tx!
Level 2

For those that aren't sure where to find it - I discovered links to that older build (15.4.22) in this thread. There may be other places on the web to find older builds, but I'd rather have the file directly from Dropbox. 

Level 2

I've opened a support ticket and am awaiting a response. For now I've marked this as the solution because it's the known work-around.

Level 2

I'm having this same issue on Windows 7.  I contacted DropBox support with a screen shot of the blank sign-in dialog and have received no reply.  I am going to try the downgrade to see if it solves the problem, but that does not seem like a good solution long term.

Level 3

We got this exact same problem with version 16.4.30... If anybody got an update from dropbox other than installing older version we're interested. Thanks

Level 2

Windows App Login Screen

When I try to activate the Windows app (on Win 7),  I get a blank dialog box.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox twice on this machine with no joy.   This used to work fine until about two weeks ago  (Windows update?).     Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?   

Thank you for your time and help.

Super User II

Re: Windows App Login Screen

Go to https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Beta-testers/ct-p/101003000 and download a version in the 15.4.x series. That should work

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Not a resolution, but may be helpful in troubleshooting the root problem:

When I RDP (remote connect) to the PC, I get the blank signon problem.

When I log on locally to the PC, I do not get the blank signon problem.

Could there be a problem with the number of colors displayed, and the baby blue color scheme used in that window?

Level 3

Desktop app log in problem in window 7

Hi,

I am using a computer running Window 7 Enterprise. I was unable to log in using the dropbox software. After the blue loading circle disappered, I was greeted by a blank/white screen within the dropbox software. I could not see the screen asking for the login details.

Thanks.