cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox client on Windows 7 will not give login window

blank login screen with dropbox app on windows 7 pc

bocceman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.  I'v having issues with logging into an existing dropbox account on a windows 7 pc. 

If i roll back to version 15.4.22 I can see the login and I am able to enter my userid and password but then it tells me the version of software is too old and i need to download the lastest version.

I've tried the lastest version - 24.4.17 and all I get is a blank screen.  I've tried a few different versions, 18,19 and 20 versions and get the same blank screen.

Anybody have this issue?  Any solution for this?

126 Replies 126

Pareuser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

cannot login, no firewall, no antivirus ... allways fail. Blank screen login 

edgar69mix
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here!! Help please!!! In Windows 10!!

AlpsUk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Add me as well to the list of people who cannot login with new version

acf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I, too had this issue...  I appear to have stumbled on a work-around - which is to type in the username and password blind.  I was able to do this by slowly sliding the mouse over the blank white box untin the pointer changed.  there appeared to be two fields in the middle of the box, so i entered the u/n and p/w.  This triggered a text message on my mobile with a two-factor code.  further exploration indicated a third box, so i entered the code there.  Nothing appeared to happen, but when I went to close the 'setup dropbox' dialog box, i got a message congratulating me on successfully setting it up.  The files then began to sync, and appear to all be there.  I use Norton Security Suite from Comcast, and had disabled the firewall temporarily when doing the above, but I have no reason to believe the firewall prevented the text which was there to properly render on the screen...

I hope this helps folks get to the bottom of this issue...

humbucker87
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Unfortunately I couldn't get the mouseover technique to work. I'm on Windows 10, all Firewalls disabled, and still couldn't get it to show up.

Per the recommendation here (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Blank-SignIn-Dialog/m-p/208211/highligh...) I simply signed into the web and then reran the installer (after uninstalling) and voila I was signed in!

Hope this can help someone else out there until they fix the issue.

Bonzo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

SkipG
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

tanase
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If your client is within a VMware, than you just need to finnish the log in by using the Console. It did the trick in my case.

jperkins
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The trick is that one must use the console to use the production client. It will not work over a Remote Desktop connection (whether a VM or bare metal system).

The latest beta mentioned above, at the time that was posted, *would* work over an RDP connection. Being a beta release, it could cause other problems for you...but it appears to have fixed this issue at our site.

flakshack
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Need more support?