SOLVED
Go to solution
10 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

iPad app Issue closing file

Hi, 

Seems like the "close " button on the iPad app of dropbox is missing. 

How do you close a file ? 

Thank you 

iPad Pro 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: iPad app Issue closing file

It hasn't been for years of people asking for it, so I doubt that it will ever happen at this point. Note, that's a personal opinion.

10 Replies
Super User II

I haven't used Dropbox on my iPad in a long time, but last I knew, the close button wasn't missing, there simply isn't one. There was never a way to "close" a file.

Level 2

Thank you Rich,

And it is never going to be updated ? 

Solution
Super User II

It hasn't been for years of people asking for it, so I doubt that it will ever happen at this point. Note, that's a personal opinion.

Level 2

Level 4

When I opened a text file i Dropbox, I didn't find any way back to the file browser. I got stuck in the file, but never found any way out. There must be a simpler way than turning my iPad off and on.

Level 2

Tap in the upper left hand corner one time. The control while invisible, is there.

Level 2

Thank you Parker. That was the correct solution. I'm not sure what the others were referring to but the close button has certainly been there all along. It is only in the last update that it is missing. 

Level 2

Lets talk turkey- honesty is the best policy … Dropboxs lastest UX designer for ipad, may think themselves clever because theyre trying to blur the lines between what is an 'open document' and what is 'closed document' so that a file is always present until one switches file. But lets be honest their too stupid to see how this could be a disaster, if I have password protected files and I need to be sure who is editing the files, one at a time, not having an ability to 'close a file' using the understood toolbox interface standard of X is a massive pain in the a**e currently I have to quit the Ipad app?!! messy. All because your hiding interface elements or removing them completely in desperate minimalism, you are serving no-one but your own ego, and here I am now caused to waste my precious life writing a forum post to ask for its return - like a beggar?!?! somebody in dropbox go and 'Drop' kick the UI designer in the balls for me, UX is serious game not playtime for some bearded lumberjack shirted hipster just out of university to muck about, My dissertation was on HCI when I was at university and it seems to me fashion type 'fads' are ruining interface design, whether it be apple or any other tech company in silicon valley, too many precious people who cant handle their ideas being challenged, why must I also self censor the words I use on a forum, just so some overpaid designer doesn't run to a safe space or claim harrasment when there ideas are challenged?

Level 2

many of the paying commercial users of dropbox I support, need clarity as to when a file is open or closed, you not allowing the user that clarity on the ipad app.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 5123
Mark 3811
Jane 1091
Tom_M 880
Sanchez 833