Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

1 Comment
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

my app log in and the support person is not reading my emails

My desktop application is not logging in even after I put in the correct password and 2-factor code from SMS.  I am able to sign in to dropbox on other devices despite 2-factor being enabled, just not on my mac.  I'm running OSX 10.13.6 high sierra.   The support person I am speaking with is not reading the email history, ignoring my question, and simply copy-pasting advice about how to access 2 factor authentication, even though I've specified that 2 factor is not the issue.  

1 Reply
Dropboxer

Re: my app log in and the support person is not reading my emails

Hey there @Thomas139 - apologies for any miscommunication so far.

I've found your existing ticket in our system and passed your comments there so we can have all the communication under one place.

I also saw that the agent handling it has already provided you with an update so please check your inbox for their email please.

If there's anything else I can do from my end to help, please let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post