"Your computer is not supported" message on Win7

SOLVED
Go to solution
14 Comments
9 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

"Your computer is not supported" message on Win7

Until today everything worked fine, no complaints.

I start my computer today and Dropbox puts out the Sign-In window. I think OK, that's new but what do I know. I enter my login and password and it informs me that "Your computer is not supported, more details at www.dropbox.com/help/9227". So I go to the address and there it is, no more support for WinXP.

Thing is this computer runs Windows 7 Enterprise. It never had XP installed. So I guess my question would be what now?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: "Your computer is not supported" message on Win7

Hey @chuck2403, welcome to our community!
Following up on Rich’s question, are you aware that our system requirements have changed recently? Have a look here for more info. If your operating system is not supported, I’m afraid there’s nothing further we can do. 

@YellowPoppy, welcome! 
If this user’s system meets our system requirements, then I suggest that they submit a support ticket for further investigation and troubleshooting. 

Cheers!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

14 Replies
Super User alumni

As I said in your other post, its probably because you are running the client in Compatibility Mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9246

Level 4

Need to know what to do when Windows 7 because I cannot log in to my dropbox and I have information that I need in my office
Level 2

I have followed the instructions provided, made sure I am not running in compatibility mode and still, I can't log into Dropbox on my computer. This used to work, and nothing has changed on my computer, so I don't understand why this suddenly doesn't work. Luckily, I can log in on my cell phone and via IE, but it is frustrating that I can't log in using my desktop application.

Level 2

same to debb1004 's problem. Kindly help
Dropboxer

Hey @hanh t., welcome to our forum! 
I see that you have also posted in another thread. Is the issue the same? 
Let me know.
Thanks! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 2

I have the same problem, turned on my computer and get this your computer is not compatible message?
Super User II

@chuck2403 wrote:
I have the same problem, turned on my computer and get this your computer is not compatible message?

What is your operating system and version?

Level 4

I see this same problem.  It is not running in compatibility mode.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox Client.  The user said they were getting the error message for several weeks, but they were still able to use the dropbox client until recently, now it won't start at all.  The computer is running Windows 7 and was never running XP.

Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @chuck2403, welcome to our community!
Following up on Rich’s question, are you aware that our system requirements have changed recently? Have a look here for more info. If your operating system is not supported, I’m afraid there’s nothing further we can do. 

@YellowPoppy, welcome! 
If this user’s system meets our system requirements, then I suggest that they submit a support ticket for further investigation and troubleshooting. 

Cheers!

slightly smiling face

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4841
Mark 3761
Jane 1054
Tom_M 886
Greg K. 804