cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.0 kb/sec -- even when network monitor shows 13mb/sec

0.0 kb/sec -- even when network monitor shows 13mb/sec

stephendidit
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since yesterday anything I try to upload/download Dropbox says will take 2+ days. Granted, it's taking a REALLY long time on everything, but while claims it's moving files at 0.0 kl/sec, according to my network monitor I'm seeing fluctuating rates as high as 13mb/sec. What gives?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that for me, @stephendidit

Since you're running the beta version of the desktop app (xx.3.xx), could you try reinstalling to the stable version (xx.4.xx)?

To do this, you'll need to remove the option to Include me in early releases from your General tab online. More specifically:

1. Log in to the website
  2. Click on you account picture/avatar at the top right corner of the page.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. From the General tab, uncheck the box next to Include me in early releases.
  5. Download and install the latest version of the desktop app.

Let me know if this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @stephendidit, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Let's see what we can find on this together. 

As a first step, could you have a look and see if you’re running the stable version of the desktop app by hovering over the Dropbox icon on your system tray or menu bar?

Could you also check if there's a proxy, VPN, firewall, security app, or even ISP/router hindering traffic to these following Dropbox domains?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

stephendidit
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks! 

I'm running v90.3.291

I can confirm that none of the above are hindering connections to those domains. 

There's been no change to the connection, settings, or anything recently. Just now, for instance, my network monitor showed that traffic was at 0 up/down for Dropbox. I restarted Dropbox, and traffic resumed at normal rates for less than a minute, and then returned to Dropbox reporting 0kb up/down. While rates are bouncing between 0 and 900 kb/sec according to the network monitor.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that for me, @stephendidit

Since you're running the beta version of the desktop app (xx.3.xx), could you try reinstalling to the stable version (xx.4.xx)?

To do this, you'll need to remove the option to Include me in early releases from your General tab online. More specifically:

1. Log in to the website
  2. Click on you account picture/avatar at the top right corner of the page.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. From the General tab, uncheck the box next to Include me in early releases.
  5. Download and install the latest version of the desktop app.

Let me know if this helps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

corylulu
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I also have been having this issue, although files do still appear to be syncing, just Dropbox says that they aren't. Some show syncing icons next to files that haven't been modified in months/years. 

John D.35
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Same issue here...

Dropbox 93.4.273

indexing "..." (2+ days)

Uploading 1 file...

Downloading 60,044 files (0.0 KB/sec, 2+ days)

I unlinked the dropbox and restarted the mac, opened dropbox and chose the same location. It started indexing like 175,000 files, then got stuck at 60,044 files, same as previous. I feel like it's a permissions error, as the permissions on some files/folders have a user entry that shows "Fetching..." where the user name should be. But I did the preferences/account/[option]/"fix permissions" and it didn't help.

This has been going on for 2_ days. I feel the only way to fix it is going to be to make a new folder and re-download all 1.5TB...

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @corylulu and @John D.35, thanks for joining the topic!

Just to double check if there is progress @corylulu, can you check the sync status of the desktop app? Do you see the number of files syncing decreasing?

Where you tried the steps to "Fix permissions" through the Account tab @John D.35, can you try the same steps but instead choosing "Fix hardlinks" to see if that does the trick?

Let me know how it goes peeps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

corylulu
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Daphne I managed to get it to sync after installing the latest beta build. Everything I did with the stable build did not work, even a full reindex.

However, the other issue I'm having now is that Dropbox recently started to lock files immediately after they are changing. Particularly ".dll" and ".exe" files. So if I am compiling code inside of Dropbox, I'll get a "The process cannot access the file "path\to\obj\Debug\something.dll" because it is being used by another process" unless I pause syncing. This never used to happen. 

kofil
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have had exactly the same problem (0.0 kb speed) for more than a week. I have tried to restart/resinstall/disconnect (my device from) dropbox (version 93.4.273), nothing helps. I have even tried step 8 here (https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/dropbox-not-syncing.html) to no avail. I have done the speed test: 87.89 Mbps download, 94.14 Mbps upload. I am getting really tired of dropbox 😞 

Could you help? 

Thanks. 

Filip 

GeckoKid
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi - I would also like to chime in and point out that I'm having this same issue and I'm at my wit's end for the last week. Please advise.

image.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jojosimi Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    John D.35 Explorer | Level 3
    kofil New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?