cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

A glitch when using Amazon Fire.

New member | Level 2

Hi.  I use a Dell laptop and two Amazon Fire tablets.  Recently when I open the Android Dropbox app on one or the other of my tablets, I get a screen that tells me I am limited to three devices -- fair enough since I am only using three devices.  It then asks me to increase my subscription or to "unlink" one or more device.  I choose "unlink" and the identifier for the tablet appears at the top of a four item list.  One of the lower items is always the very same tablet with the same identifier.   I must choose this copy of the identifier, choose unlink, and then continue to get to my files.  
At first I thought this was an update glitch, but it has continued for several weeks now and is quite tedious.
Is there anything I can do to get the system to just accept my three devices and stop making me unlink and link them each time?  Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2 Replies

Re: A glitch when using Amazon Fire.

Super User II

Check the devices on your Security page. You may find that you have more than three listed. I would clear both tablets so all you have left is your laptop, and then relink the tablets to see if it continues.

Re: A glitch when using Amazon Fire.

New member | Level 2

Thanks.  I will give it a try.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

A glitch when using Amazon Fire.
2 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post