Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Android app does not show folders which contain greek letters.

Helpful | Level 6

This is a reminder of an old issue which is still unresolved. It was reported 2 (!!) years ago and even after all these updates of dropbox app for android and the various versions of android since then, it remains unresolved.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Android-app-shows-empty-folders/td-p/12...

The problem is that some folders which apparently contain specific greek letters don't show up at all or are empty.

20 Replies

Re: Android app does not show folders which contain greek letters.

New member | Level 2

A year after, the problem remains. 

And it seems that nobody cares to answer or give a timeline for fixing it.

Re: Android app shows empty folders

Helpful | Level 6

For my dropbox team, the problem still exists.

Some folders don't appear on the android dropbox app and even if they show up, when you try to access them they are empty. If you go back to the parent folder, the folder that showed empty dissapears. For example I upload 2 photos. One is from PC and the other from Android phone. Both show the Dropbox Team Folder contents. On the Android Phone, most folders are missing.

Android phone is Oneplus 5T, running Android 8.0 Oreo and dropbox app is updated to version 84.2.4

Screenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_20180305-222203.jpg

Dropboxer
Hey @chchatzop, welcome to our forum! 

I want to put you in touch with our support team for further investigation. Please submit a support ticket here, so one of our agents can take a closer look, and troubleshoot with you. Then let me know your ticket number, and I’ll make sure someone gets on it right away winking face

Cheers

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

My ticket should be #7670572. I hope they can find a solution.

Dropboxer
Hey again, @chchatzop

Thanks for the ticket number. I’ve checked on your case, and see that it’s in the queue to be handled soon! An agent will be in touch with you via email to get things going!

Cheers

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 6
Ok, thanks alot. I'll inform the community when I have news about my case as it might affects more people.

Dropboxer
Hey @iadamop, welcome to our community! 

I’ll be happy to nudge our devs about this. Can you give me some details about your own experience surrounding the Σ or other Greek letters?

I’ve been adding Greek letters to folders and files here, on various devices, operating systems, and browsers, all around the office, but I’m not running into any issues. 

Let me know.
Thanks!

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Helpful | Level 6

This is a bug reported and well described many years ago. You can find all the details here

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Android-app-shows-empty-folders/td-p/12...

A quick example is the following.

I have a folder named "ΑΠΟΓΑΝΤΙΣΜΟΣ ΔΑΚΤΥΛΟΥ" which contains a couple of images. The folder is fully accesible in many windows pc's but it has never been visible in any of my android devices all these years!

Dropboxer
Hey guys, 

I’ve been testing this here with various combinations of Greek and Latin characters, and indeed it seems that the issue is still to do with the Σ, when it’s the last letter of a word in the folder name. I’m going to send a reminder over to the team. I know this isn’t ideal, but in the meantime, it looks as though excluding the Σ will have to do. 

If you have other examples, please let me know in detail here, and I'll be happy to pass them along too. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Android app does not show folders which contain greek letters.
20 Replies
22 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post