Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Re: Android app shows empty folders

New member | Level 1

Same problem, can please someone help???

New member | Level 1

Same here!!! Tried using third party apps on my phone and they show the files correctly.

Only the official app is displaying "empty" folders.

Something to do with the folder tree encryption due to the Greek Letters.

Dropbox needs to address this issue ASAP

Else most of us will use other services (some of them offer more than 10GB free storage on just signing in!!!)

New member | Level 1

Same problem here. Even with English characters used (but in some other folder i have Greek characters). 

New member | Level 1

WORKAROUND

Same problem here. The problem seems to be having a folder with a Greek name followed by a folder with an English name in a tree.

Then the folder with the English name appear to be empty.

For example: dropbox/CUT/Δοκιμη/build. in this case the folder "build" appears to be empty.

If we rename the folder "Δοκιμη" to "Trial" then the folder "build" no longer appears to be empty.

New member | Level 1

Same problem here, even after the update, my dropbox app (android samsung s4).

Some folders with greek name appear empty but if I rename the folder from "ΣΥΜΒΑΣΕΙΣ" to "CONTRACTS" for example it works!

That is a bit flustrating, and I realised it when I needed it most.

Dropboxer

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay - we're working on this issue but don't have a timeline for the fix. We've narrowed the issue down to folders that have words that end in Σ.

On iOS, this issue should be resolved in our next upcoming release. Stay tuned for Android, and thanks for your patience in the meantime!

While not ideal, there are a few temporary workarounds. As mentioned, renaming certain folders will help (as long as the word doesn't end in Σ it should be fine). Within a folder that doesn't load, you can perform a search for the file name or type you're looking for and access from the search results.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I am happy I found this thread since I have this exact problem. I have a Samsung S3 mini (android 4.2.2) and running version 3.0.4.8 of Dropbox. The weird thing is that with previous versions of the android app I did not have this problem and I was able to access folders with words ending with an Σ. Since the last update (28/10/2015) I can't access these folders anymore. I am fed up with these unnecessary updates with ALL android apps. They are violating the rule "if it works don't fix".

New member | Level 1

Hi, I switched to IOS and the problem is still here. I bought a 1TB plan and pay 99$ for a service that I can't use on my everyday usage. Please fix this asap

New member | Level 1

Same problem here using the android app. Please fix it!

New member | Level 2

It's been over a year and the issue has not yet been solved.

It took me a lot of time to find the cause and this topic, as some folders and files were syncing and indeed the problem seems to be with the letter Σ. It's frustrating as I need to rename many files or folders with "greeklish".

I use Dropbox every day as my main Cloud Service and this is a very annoying bug.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Android app shows empty folders
25 Replies
14 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey