Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Annoying pop-up in conflicted copies

New member | Level 2

I am trying to work here with a Word file of which I have two copies: my own conflicted copy and another one that is shared with others

There's this extremely annoying pop-up that just keeps on appearing whenever I do anything (and as I am Screenshot 2018-04-11 11.20.37.pngThe awful pop-up that is ruining my life =(currently reviewing tracked changes and comments, there's a lot going on within the file).
The pop-up flashes every time I scroll etc and it won't disappear without clicking on the little gray round button?  I mean the pop-up is a nice reminder when I start working on the file or return to the file after being occupied elsewhere but the constant popping is very disturbing. It also takes a huge amount of screen-space and I'm just wasting my time dragging the pop-up around the screen all the time because it's constantly on my way. Its getting really frustrating. :(  How can I get rid of it/hide it? (Opening the shared version using the button doesn't help, nor does closing and reopening the file I am working on - I've tried).

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Annoying pop-up in conflicted copies

Dropboxer
Hey @Jana_P, thanks for posting your question in the Community, & welcome aboard!

The screenshot you provided along with your post seems to refer to the Dropbox Badge and it’s a feature used to collaborate with other users. If you would like to change its settings, navigate to the Preferences on your Dropbox icon which is next to the clock on your desktop, & choose one of the below, depending on what you want to do:
  • Always show
  • If others present (recommended)
  • Never show

I hope this helps. Let me know though if your concern persists or if you have any other questions here. In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Dear Lusil!

Thank you for your reply! I had never noticed it is called a badge and that's why I probably didn't find an answer to my question by myself.

The solution you provided does help me for now. I've changed my settings to "If others.." and the constant flashing of the textbox annoys me no more. But (!) doing so removes the badge completely - and I have grown quite fond of the easy sharing options it provides in the other files.
Do you think there's any place in the Preferences where the messages shown in the textbox can be modified? I saw there was "Notifications" but I didn't find anything that seemed suitable?
I actually kind of started to like the fact that DB let me know whenever I was working on that file, as I had many others also opened) but I still hated it for the amount of space the textbox took on the screen. I think if the change of the badge would be more pronounced (e.g. turned to some shade of darker pink or smth) and one could see the textbox only when the cursor is on the badge, it would be more user-friendly. I will wander off and daydream of a perfect world now. ^^ Unicorn

Thanks again and have a lovely day!

New member | Level 2

I keep getting a window that I need to upgrade my account (I have free).  I don't want to do this and want to turn it off.  This is annoining.  Hlep. Mike

Dropboxer
Hi Mike!

It sounds like you’re getting a notification regarding your space because you’re close to or reached your storage limit - could that be the case? 

If so, you can earn space, leave any shared folders that may put you close to or over quota, or remove files from your account.

You can see how much space is available and how much space is being taken up by regular/shared content by navigating to your Plan tab

Finally, please remember that deleted and permanently deleted files don't count against your storage quota. Permanently deleting files after they’ve already been deleted doesn't free any more space in your account.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Annoying pop-up in conflicted copies
4 Replies
5 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post