Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Application doesn't start

Level 2

I have a customer that relies on drop box (windows install) for their operations.

They recently had a windows 10 update on their computer and Dropbox will no longer start despite re-installation. It doesn't even give me an error.

Event logs show 2 things:

1. application error log - CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-214688562smiling face with sunglasses Cannot find object or property

2. application information log - Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified. , retrying...

Any guidance will be much appreciated

3 Replies

Re: Application doesn't start

Dropboxer
Hey there @mobo,

Can you clarify for me if when you reinstalled, you first uninstall and installed again from scratch or did you simply download and install over the current software?

If it was the latter, would you mind uninstalling first and then downloading and installing again to see if that will do the trick? The issue could be due to a potential issue with executable files, since there is no specific error message I wouldn’t be able to say this for sure though.

Otherwise, if you’re still seeing the same behaviour or already did this previously, can you please try an advanced reinstall of the desktop app? The full steps to do so are outlined here in our Help Center article.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 2

Unfortunately, I (mobo) signed in with a different email and can't delete the post to put it on properly. 

Uninstalled the most recent windows updates, uninstalled and re-installed Drop Box client. I noticed that it works on a different user but not on that user. (The user that I tested was not a domain user.)

Dropboxer
Hey @mobo2,

So from what I understand, you reinstalled the desktop app and using the different Dropbox account, the application was working as expected?

Have you tried signing into this installation with the correct account? You can do this by unlinking the second account from the desktop app and then signing in with the correct account.

Also, when you mentioned that you used a “user that wasn’t a domain” are you referring to the Dropbox account being under an email address that wasn’t under a customized email domain?

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Application doesn't start
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post