Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Audio auto-plays when I get a Facetime call

Explorer | Level 3

I have the weirdest bug.

When I get a Facetime call on my Mac, and there is at least one Chrome tab with a Dropbox audio file loaded, it will start to playback one audio file automatically when the call comes in. 

This happens every time, and I've rebooted since.

It's madness. I literally have to run into my studio to mute my speakers before I pick up my phone calls.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Audio auto-plays when I get a Facetime call

Super User II

I'd suggest logging that as a support ticket: www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help. 

Make sure you give examples of files it happens with and also your browser version etc.

Once logged you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

I'm experiencing this, too, but it doesn't just happen with Dropbox media so I think it's a Chrome or Mac OS issue. It happens with YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, and others as well.

Explorer | Level 4

This is a bug in Chrome that the Chromium team is now aware of and addressing. For more details or to follow the fix through its release, see https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=961308.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Audio auto-plays when I get a Facetime call
3 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution