cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blue Screen of Death on Win10

Blue Screen of Death on Win10

FadedPoppy
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Good morning.

Apologies for the very vague question.  We are running Dropbox on 2 Win10 PCs.  One runs absolutely fine but, on the other, it will run for maybe 30 seconds and then cause the PC to crash with a Blue Screen of Death.

Could you provide any advice on how I can go about determining what the conflict is that causes this to occur please?

If it's any help, Dropbox will not launch automatically on that PC - it must always be executed manually even though it's setup to launch on Computer start in the Dropbox settings.

Without Dropbox running the PC runs perfectly.

There are a great deal of applications installed on that PC so I'm reluctant to wipe & reinstall everything if there's a solution out there that doesn't require doing so.

This PC also experiences the issue of the browser not refreshing as described in this post here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Missing-files-folders/Webpage-folder-not-refresh/m-p/322934#M15542.  Chrome auto updates so that shouldn't be the issue.  I'll follow the other suggestions in that post to see if I can resolve that issue.  It seems strange, and probably just coincidence, that this one PC suffers from these two problems but it may be useful for you to know.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Jason.

117 Replies 117

PeterDBU
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Jane, I havent received any emails regarding a support ticket,

Is there a particular process I need to go through, or will an email arrive to my associated email for my dropbox?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again @PeterDBU & @sncooper, thanks for confirming! 

I’ve created a ticket on our system on your behalf. Can you have a look at the inbox connected to your Community profile whenever you have a minute? 

I look forward to hearing back from you there! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

blueface123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I'm ok with opening a separate ticket as well.

sncooper_work
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It happened to me again today.

I have left very detailed information on steps that lead up to the problem in the ticket.

In my case it was when another user created a file in a folder I shared with them, and they deleted it but it kept coming back.

The file did not come back if I 'paused' dropbox on my corporate laptop, but unpausing it made the file come back and 'blue screen of death' - now my computer crashes every time dropbox starts and connects to the internet - if I put the laptop in flight mode it does not crash, but only when dropbox connects to the network.

Hope this gives some clues.

sncooper_work
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The ticket you opened seems to be deleted - the link in the original email no longer works...

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for circling back to me on that @blueface123

I’ve now sent you a brief message on the email address you’re using for your Community login. Once you get back in touch with me there, I’ll do my best to touch-base with you soon. 

Following, it looks like the link to our follow-up ticket has been inactive @sncooper_workbecause I replied to you to the email address you had specified was connected with the Blue Screen. Even so, my colleague has now escalated your inquiry, however please feel free to touch-base with me there regarding the re-appearing files. 

Thanks again to both! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Susanre
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Can you please let me know once there is a fix for this? I’m having the same problem.

ywllyht
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I meet the same issue from last week 2019-11-23, I have updated my dropbox with latest version 85.4.155, my PC is win10 enterprice.

When I start dropbox manually,  90% rate will meet BSOD (bad pool caller).

Any progress

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Susanre & @ywllyht, thanks for highlighting! 

I’ll definitely make sure to update the thread on progress as soon as I have more news. 

If it’s not too much to ask for now, can you specify if you’re hitting this error message on a work/corporate device. Have you tried disabling your Antivirus to see if this fixes the issue?

I’ll be awaiting your next message with your findings! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

ywllyht
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, Jane.

Yes, this BSOD (bad pool caller) issue only exist on my win10 working machine, which is a thinkpad T480S laptop. There is a symantec enterprise antivirus installed.  I can not disable/unistall this antivirus.  It is controlled by our company.  I tried to kill these process from "windows task manager", then they restart automatically.  The antivirus software information:

Symantec management Agent version 8.1
Altiris Application metering Agent 8.1.5636
Altiris Client Task agent 8.1.6049
Altiris Inventory Agent 8.1.6101
Inventory Rule Agent 8.1.6049

Need more support?