Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Camera Uploads from S7 - notification constantly sounding until phone restart

Explorer | Level 4

After successfully uploading photos from gallery of S7 edge to a Dropbox folder - phone notification sound constantly blings. Can only stop it by restarting phone.

This has only commenced in last 3 days, since downloading a telstra (Australian telco provider) S7 edge operating system update for this phone.

Is the issue with dropbox app or operating system update?

12 Replies

Re: Camera Uploads from S7 - notification constantly sounding until phone restart

Super User II
It sounds very co-incidental that you've just updated the OS and its started.

Which version of Dropbox are you using? Have you tried updating that?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Camera Uploads from S7 - notification constantly sounding until phone restart

Explorer | Level 4

Hi thanks for your consideration.

Using 102.2.2 - 27 June updated.

No further update available.

Dropboxer
Hi there @Lifespace O.!

When you say:
phone notification sound constantly blings
- does the Dropbox mobile app freezes, or can you navigate throughout the app as usual but get a consistent pinging sound? More info on what exactly it is you’re experiencing would be much appreciated. 

Also, have you given the re-installation procedure (mobile) a go by any chance? Maybe that will do the trick.  

Let me know of any updates. Thanks in advance! smiling face with halo

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

I have a similar problem.  My android phone updated two days ago to oreo.  8.0.0. I am running dropbox 102.2.2.   I uploaded 13 photos today and the phone pinged LOUDLY for each upload, and I don't want the phone to ping.  I cannot find anyplace in Android or Dropbox settings to turn this off.  It never did this before the system update.  How do I disable the ping notification.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lusil,

App seems to works as should. Upload completes. I'm not seeking to open and navigate but images turn up in the folder on my laptop where I'm working with them from.

Only fault, the notification sounds contantly - ongoing - doesn't stop even after the upload completes. Ending all tasks on phone doesn't stop it. Have to restart phone to stop the notification sound.

Have not tried re-installation procedure as yet, but can do and keep you posted. I see someone else has mentioned the same problem.

Thank you. 

New member | Level 2

Same issue for me, I send a few photos to Dropbox and the pinging is unrelenting until I restart the phone. All my apps up to date, phone recently (last two weeks maybe) updated to latest Android version.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @jeanb and @Ed M.27. Initially, you can ensure that you’ve got the updated version of the Dropbox mobile app (102.2) by going to Settings and navigating down the list to App version?

If you want to disable notifications on the Dropbox mobile app for Android, try out the following:
  1. Go to your Settings tab on your Dropbox mobile app.
  2. Navigate to Manage notifications.
  3. Deselect the notifications you don’t want to be notified about. 
If this is something you’d prefer to do as well, @Lifespace O., check it out and let me know how it goes.

As I’d like to help further on the matter, if you’d like to disable the Dropbox mobile app’s notifications as a whole/completely, I also tried out disabling the sounds from the Android’s settings:
  1. Go to your Settings on your mobile device. 
  2. Tap on Sound & notification.
  3. Scroll down to App notifications. 
  4. Find the Dropbox mobile app.
  5. Toggle on the Block all setting so as to Never show notifications from this app. 
As a general note, you can do this in the iOS too:
  1. Go to your Settings on your mobile device. 
  2. Select Notifications. 
  3. Find the Dropbox mobile app. 
  4. Toggle off Sounds. 
In the mean time, take as much time as you all need. If the workarounds listed above do the trick for you, or you’ve got any update on the matter, don’t hesitate to let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you guys as soon as possible. 

Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

It worked.  @Lusil, @Lifespace O,  @Ed M27,

Lusil's recommendation for Android worked.  I went to Android settings, then to Apps & notifications, then to App info, and scrolled down to Dropbox, notifications.  I toggled off all the notifications.  All of them were on, including camera and sounds.  Just toggling off camera and sounds did not work. I had to toggle them ALL off.  Now no pinging happens when I upload photos.  However, I have to open my dropbox app to make sure the photos have been uploaded -- that info is no longer in my notifications banner.  Thanks Lusil.

from Lusil: "As I’d like to help further on the matter, if you’d like to disable the Dropbox mobile app’s notifications as a whole/completely, I also tried out disabling the sounds from the Android’s settings:
  1. Go to your Settings on your mobile device. 
  2. Tap on Sound & notification.
  3. Scroll down to App notifications. 
  4. Find the Dropbox mobile app.
  5. Toggle on the Block all setting so as to Never show notifications from this app. "

Helpful | Level 5

Lusil.  It worked for Android.

I just sent a post -- but I don't see it in the forum.

Your fix for Andoid worked.

I had to turn off ALL notifications, not just camera or sound.

no pinging anymore.

jean

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Camera Uploads from S7 - notification constantly sounding until phone restart
12 Replies
17 Likes
Solved! : See solution