cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads has a stuck photo

Camera uploads has a stuck photo

SGKarp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

For weeks now, Camera uploads has a message at the top:

Camera uploads (1 left)

Couldn't upload photo. Tap for more info.

Tapping just gives me the generic help page, which is oriented toward complete failures to upload.  That's NOT my problem, because all my other photos have been and continue to upload just fine.

How can I figure out what the problem file is so I can delete it or rename it or tell Dropbox not to bother with that folder, or whatever the fix turns out to be?  Telling me there's a problem isn't much help without a hint of what the problem is.

Android 9 (Pixel 2 XL) and fully updated as of 10 minutes ago.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @StephenRD

Since you’ve tried out some initial troubleshooting from your end (awesome work!), I’d recommend moving this discussion to email as well, since account-specific info may be required. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address connected to your Forum profile.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox for my latest message. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @SGKarp

Have you tried uploading using data or Wi-Fi only? Have you had this error with any other photo or video by any chance? Could you also send me a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing (omitting any personal info)? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SGKarp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, Lusil.

Yes, I have tried uploading by wifi and cellular, with no change.  Every other image uploads just fine.

Screenshot:

DropboxError.jpg

As I said, tapping just takes me to the help page, but does not give any information about the specific file or why the upload is failing.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
:thinking: Hmm, in order to further investigate the matter, we’d have to move this discussion to email due to account-specific info that’s required on this. For this reason, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. Thanks in advance once again, @SGKarp!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

StephenRD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Did you get anywhere in resolving this with Dropbox? I have the same issue, same symptoms, same attempted solutions, same outcome.

(Though on a Samsung S7 Edge.)

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @StephenRD

Since you’ve tried out some initial troubleshooting from your end (awesome work!), I’d recommend moving this discussion to email as well, since account-specific info may be required. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address connected to your Forum profile.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox for my latest message. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

SGKarp
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Apparent success.  The suggestion to delete the app's cache (via Dropbox settings, not the device settings), then log out of Dropbox and restart the phone, seems to have done the trick.  At least, the message is gone.  I'll keep an eye on it for a while to see if it comes back after I use the phone the way I normally do.

Mr-B
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This issue has resurfaced, although the app has now been updated to give you some options on what to do with the problematic files. Tapping "More Info" now prompts you to Delete the file or Dont Upload! Hmm, not very useful!

However I discovered that if you take a screenshot of that page (or tap the Upload photo button on the bottom right), then this somehow kickstarts the upload process and the rest of the picture files magically start to upload again!

Tara F.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

OMG.  Skipped all the other "suggestions" about deleting cache, app, etc and just did a screenshot.  That triggered restart of upload.  Had 4 that wouldn't upload and the options offered were delete or don't upload - as noted above, NOT HELPFUL!  They were all video files.  Had to do a screenshot after each one (didn't matter what the screenshot was) and then one more would load. One file was problematic and kept failing no matter that it was being done over home wifi.  So on chance that there is/was a wifi issue (I'm sitting at my desk with PC running fine on wifi) changed setting to "use data" for dropbox on phone and the last item just uploaded.  Dropbox folks - What is going on ??  I've also noted that camera uploads often doesn't happen automatically as it should (used to) unless I open that folder on my phone...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Tara F.4

Since you mention:

@Tara F.4 wrote:

So on chance that there is/was a wifi issue (I'm sitting at my desk with PC running fine on wifi) changed setting to "use data" for dropbox on phone and the last item just uploaded.

This generally indicates that there could be a problem with the WiFi network connecting to your device and would recommend to reach out to your ISP. 

However, in order to ensure troubleshooting, could you please confirm for me if you've tried enabling camera uploads from a different WiFi? 

Let me know what you find! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

palmiben New member | Level 2
    orkan11 New member | Level 2
    Mr-B Helpful | Level 6
    Bsmack Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?