cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Sync to SD card

Helpful | Level 5
Muito obrigado.

Você tem pistas para uma solução em um dispositivo Android?

Ted
No extremo norte do Brasil - AKA Austin, Texas (-;

Helpful | Level 5
But it seemed so much more exotic in Portuguese. (-;
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi

I have too a windows tablet. The System  does not let install programs in SD

Best Regards

Dropboxer
Hey @UnionTed

Are you running low on space on an Android device? Our app doesn’t sync your entire Dropbox to your mobile as it does in a Windows environment. Let me know what you’re trying to do, and maybe I’ll be able to help. 

Obrigado! 
(You’re right, it does sound more exotic winking face

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer
Hey @acoelho
Yeah, we currently don’t support installing to the SD card, but I’ll add your comments to the feedback about this. 
Thanks! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have successfully set up Dropbox syncing to an SD card on my HP Stream 11 and its works. But is is quite slow and takes a long time to decide what to sync and then do the downloads. In fact, it normally says it is synching thousands of files. Is there any way of speeding this up even if there are only a few? Would a faster SD card help?

Steve

New member | Level 2

I am trying to sync dropbox to an SD card in a Kindle Fire as there isn't sufficent memory on the Kindle - any ideas on that one?

New member | Level 2
Thenx

New member | Level 2

I tried the other mounting of the card with a link through disk management and it didn't work at all. Thanks for this tip. I've been trying to get this to work for MONTHS!

Just a few notes that might be helpful

The syntax in cmd that worked for me on the surface pro was mklink C:\Users\name\Dropbox X:\Dropbox

with this syntax mklink /X C:\Users\name\Dropbox X:\Dropbox it kept telling me that X was an invalid switch so I just removed the /x and it worked like a charm. 

When I started Dropbox again it said it lost the link to the dropbox folder and needed to relink. I just left the folder as I originally used in setup C:\Users\name\Dropbox and it picked up the link just fine and everything is now syncing to the X:\Dropbox card folder set up with the link. 

As I set up Dropbox, I picked a very small folder through selective sync to make sure everything was working correctly. In the past I tried setting dropbox up before with other techniques and it started deleting my files on the cloud! So far so good this time around. It will save your files for at least 30 days, so check on it occassionally to make sure you aren't deleting anything you don't want deleted. 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I have the Dropbox folder located on an SD card?
38 Replies
43 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey