cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Can't Drag Files to Dropbox Folder in Catalina

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8

Hello,

In catalina I am no longer able to drag files in finder into the dropbox folder.  The selected object just sort of springs back into place and will not enter the Dropbox folder.

191 Replies 191

Sparrow1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Jane, I haven't seen a ticket come through.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Sparrow1, thanks for the nudge! 

I’ve created a ticket on our system on your behalf. Can you have a look at the inbox connected to your Community profile whenever you have a minute? 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

John48
New member | Level 2

Hi all...

I found this thread as I have the exact same drag/drop issue as described by everyone. I did notice one behavior that helps a little. If I drag and drop a file to Dropbox...but do not immediately drop it...instead hold it for a couple seconds hovering over the Dropbox icon until the Finder window changes to show your Dropbox folder. Then drop it into a Dropbox folder of yoiur choice and it works. 

This isn't a perfect solution for a couple reasons - but seems to be a little better.

donawalt
Collaborator | Level 9

Just found this thread, same problem for me too.

RDFRush
Explorer | Level 4

Also having the same issue

Sparrow1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Jane,

Do you mean my email inbox for that address?

I see I received an email with an invite to Zendesk. Log in doesn't work. Do I need to create a new account?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @RDFRush & @donawalt, thanks for reaching out here! 

I’ve just sent you both a brief message through our support system to help expedite matters as much as I can on my end. Please have a look at your inbox for my email; I look forward to hearing back from you there! 

@Sparrow1 wrote:

Do you mean my email inbox for that address?

That's right @Sparrow1, I can only message you on the email address connected to your Community profile. You will not necessarily need to login with zendesk; you can just reply to my message & this will end up directly in my inbox. 

I'll be awaiting your replies!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

donawalt
Collaborator | Level 9
@Jane I just replied!

Sparrow1
Helpful | Level 6

Ok. I just replied to your remail. Please advise if you've received.

donawalt
Collaborator | Level 9

The last I saw was a reply from Jane this morning, I got it about 11 hours ago and replied. Nothing since.

Need more support?