Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc

New member | Level 2
I deleted Dropbox from my PC which runs on Windows 10. There is still a Dropbox folder that shows up under “Desktop” in the file explorer navigation pane. There seems to be no option to remove it. How do I delete this?
5 Replies

Re: Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, is this folder in the quick access window, or Favorites? Are you able to right-click and remove it from there?

If the Dropbox desktop application has been fully uninstalled, try rebooting the machine to see if this helps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2
I have uninstalled everything else. It’s not under quick access and when right clicked there’s no delete option. Restarting did not remove it.

New member | Level 2
After looking at a few other forums I found out that even after uninstalling Dropbox it leaves remnants in your system. To remove the remaining useless folder in the nav panel you have to hit Windows +R, then enter “regedit”. Next navigate to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop and in the Desktop folder there’s another named NameSpace. In there was a file with a long name that the info panel showed was a Dropbox file. Delete that and it removes the leftover from the nav panel.

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much!  this solved the issue for me, I spent WAY too much time on this today!

Explorer | Level 3

When I navigate to Explorer in Regedit as per your instruction there is no Desktop folder

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc
5 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post