cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc

Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I deleted Dropbox from my PC which runs on Windows 10. There is still a Dropbox folder that shows up under “Desktop” in the file explorer navigation pane. There seems to be no option to remove it. How do I delete this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
After looking at a few other forums I found out that even after uninstalling Dropbox it leaves remnants in your system. To remove the remaining useless folder in the nav panel you have to hit Windows +R, then enter “regedit”. Next navigate to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop and in the Desktop folder there’s another named NameSpace. In there was a file with a long name that the info panel showed was a Dropbox file. Delete that and it removes the leftover from the nav panel.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, is this folder in the quick access window, or Favorites? Are you able to right-click and remove it from there?

If the Dropbox desktop application has been fully uninstalled, try rebooting the machine to see if this helps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have uninstalled everything else. It’s not under quick access and when right clicked there’s no delete option. Restarting did not remove it.

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
After looking at a few other forums I found out that even after uninstalling Dropbox it leaves remnants in your system. To remove the remaining useless folder in the nav panel you have to hit Windows +R, then enter “regedit”. Next navigate to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop and in the Desktop folder there’s another named NameSpace. In there was a file with a long name that the info panel showed was a Dropbox file. Delete that and it removes the leftover from the nav panel.

denif
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you so much!  this solved the issue for me, I spent WAY too much time on this today!

jebs44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I navigate to Explorer in Regedit as per your instruction there is no Desktop folder

kleanrite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
how do i know which folder with long names in NameSpace shall i delete and related with dropbox?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @kleanrite; thanks for joining our Community!

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish; could you elaborate on your query so I can advise further? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?