cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc

Can’t delete Dropbox folder from pc

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I deleted Dropbox from my PC which runs on Windows 10. There is still a Dropbox folder that shows up under “Desktop” in the file explorer navigation pane. There seems to be no option to remove it. How do I delete this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
After looking at a few other forums I found out that even after uninstalling Dropbox it leaves remnants in your system. To remove the remaining useless folder in the nav panel you have to hit Windows +R, then enter “regedit”. Next navigate to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop and in the Desktop folder there’s another named NameSpace. In there was a file with a long name that the info panel showed was a Dropbox file. Delete that and it removes the leftover from the nav panel.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, is this folder in the quick access window, or Favorites? Are you able to right-click and remove it from there?

If the Dropbox desktop application has been fully uninstalled, try rebooting the machine to see if this helps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have uninstalled everything else. It’s not under quick access and when right clicked there’s no delete option. Restarting did not remove it.

Cat88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
After looking at a few other forums I found out that even after uninstalling Dropbox it leaves remnants in your system. To remove the remaining useless folder in the nav panel you have to hit Windows +R, then enter “regedit”. Next navigate to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop and in the Desktop folder there’s another named NameSpace. In there was a file with a long name that the info panel showed was a Dropbox file. Delete that and it removes the leftover from the nav panel.

denif
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you so much!  this solved the issue for me, I spent WAY too much time on this today!

jebs44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I navigate to Explorer in Regedit as per your instruction there is no Desktop folder

kleanrite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
how do i know which folder with long names in NameSpace shall i delete and related with dropbox?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @kleanrite; thanks for joining our Community!

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish; could you elaborate on your query so I can advise further? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?