Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Can't link to account

New member | Level 1

I use Dropbox on several computers as well as on my Android phone without issue, but I can't get it to connect on my work computer. It appears to install fine, but then it asks for my username and password. I enter credentials, it accepts them, then a moment later it pops up the password screen again. Lather, rinse, repeat. The system tray icon says "waiting to be linked to a dropbox account".
Running Windows 7 64bit on a domain with roaming profiles. I've tried suggestions here https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/72 including the cmd permissions settings. Also tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times. Tried turning off Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus. Any idea what's up?

13 Replies

Re: Can't link to account

Super User II

This is known to happen (with no solution) when roaming profiles or folder redirection to a networked location is used.

New member | Level 1

Thanks Rich R. Sounds like I might be out of luck. I opened a ticket with DB support and I'll post their answer here when they give me one. Might be a few days though.

New member | Level 1

Any update on this? Having the exact same issue.

New member | Level 1

Unfortunately the only reply I got from Dropbox support was something along the lines of, "Sorry, we'd really like to help you; really we would, it's just that we're so backlogged with other work that we really have no time to look at your issue." In other words, it looks like we're SOL, at lease for now.

New member | Level 1

Hmmm. I'm having the same issue here, but it's a standard win7 64-bit setup so far as I know and it set up on this same computer last week, but needed repartitioning/reconfiguring to have 2 native dual-boots for win7/8, and took off the Win8 virtual machine.

New member | Level 1

Same problem here on my freshly installed mac OS X EI capitan, it seems the issue remains unsolved for the developer...

New member | Level 1

Same here after upgrading to Windows 10

New member | Level 1

+1 for having this issue.

New member | Level 1
I can't link my computer to my account although i can open my account on the website, but i need to sync my photos to my computer, what can i do? i removed dropbox and installed it many times and still i have the same problem, please advice....
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't link to account
13 Replies
8 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post