cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't log into app with Google

Can't log into app with Google

cclaunch
Helpful | Level 5

I'm attempting to get my dropbox desktop app set up on a Windows 10 machine.  When I click the Sign in with Google button it opens my browser (Chrome 58.0.3029.110) which takes me to a page that says "Sign in with Google, You're about to sign in to the Dropbox desktop app with your Google account.  Would you like to continue?" I then click the Continue signing in with Google button.  This pops up a new window with the Google account chooser, which I click my account on.  After clicking my account, both that pop up window and the original Chrome window close, and I receive my text message for two factor authentication.  Nothing else happens and I'm left at the dropbox app sign on I originally clicked.  I have seen other suggestions to remove the app, remove the hidden folders (which were never created on my machine because I never got signed in), and reinstall the app.  I've done this twice now with no changes.  Please let me know what I can do to get logged in.  Thanks.

10 Replies 10

cclaunch
Helpful | Level 5
I'll also add that the same computer has no issues logging in with Google to the dropbox website with the same Chrome browser.

Rich
Super User II
You should still be able to log in with the email address and password for your account.

cclaunch
Helpful | Level 5

That worked, thanks!  At the same time, I'll wait to mark this as solved and see if the dropbox folks have noticed any issue with doing the regular google authentication.

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey cclaunch

Thanks for notifying us, glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you! 

Just following-up, since this issue hasn't been reported by other users, though I'll sure keep an eye for any incidents, much appreciated! 

If there's anything else I could do for you, please let me know in your reply.

Kind regards,
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

cclaunch
Helpful | Level 5
Rich's answer did help me log in, however not "with google" as I was asking in the suggestion. I definitely appreciate his answer helping me get logged in (which is why I gave him Kudos). However, these are two separate methods of logging in and this could be a real issue either with the Dropbox Windows application or some configuration the user needs to do in order to successfully login with Google authentication. Please don't accept answers as solutions in my thread for me.

TomasForsman
New member | Level 2

I have this exact issue a couple of years later, so something is up.

Rich
Super User II

@TomasForsman wrote:

I have this exact issue a couple of years later, so something is up.

Nothing is up. The feature works just fine (I just tested it successfully). If you're unable to sign-in with Google, you'll want to open a ticket with Support as it may be something specific to your account or your system. A first step would be to clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser.

TomasForsman
New member | Level 2
You tested it and it worked so everything is fine? Not quite sure if that is part of testing best practises.
I'm not in the habit of reporting issues without trying to solve it. This shouldn't be an issue and it isn't with any other service I log in to with google, so something is up.
But glad it works for you.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @TomasForsman, thanks for pinging us back here! Just so as to focus on the issue at hand a bit closer, can you elaborate a bit on what you’ve already tried on your end to remedy this discrepancy? Additionally, if it’s not too much trouble for you, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening; please include it in your next message if possible. 

Any other detail you could include on this discussion would be very helpful & rest assured that I’m here to help as much as possible. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?