Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

Can't login to Dropbox Pro on Apple iPhone 6s Plus running IOS 10.1.1

Explorer | Level 4

I recently switched from Android phones to an Apple iPhone 6s Plus running IOS 10.1.1.  I've had Dropbox for a few years, successfully running on everything from Android phones, Android and Windows tablets, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 computers with no problem - even upgraded to Dropbox Pro nearly a year ago. The problem is that I cannot log into my Dropbox account on my iPhone - it ALWAYS gives me the message "Sign-in Failed: Please check that your email address and password are correct." displayed in a white box in the center of the screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times following so-called "tech support's" canned instructions to no avail! The email address and password that work fine on ALL of my other devices does NOT work on my iPhone!! Dropbox support is UNABLE to help, going in circles with their canned responses. Has ANYONE had this problem and resolved it??

10 Replies

Re: Can't login to Dropbox Pro on Apple iPhone 6s Plus running IOS 10.1.1

Dropboxer

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've been stuck in this login loop.

If you generally access via the website and use an autofill option, then you should be able to review those settings to confirm the password for your account.

If the password listed there doesn't work or if you don't store those passwords in your browser, there isn't a way to confirm your previous account password.

I would suggest requesting a password reset email here:

https://www.dropbox.com/forgot

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for trying, but that doesn't work. I've "reset" my password three times. I've uninstalled the APP and re-installed it at least three times as well. Did I mention that the brand new iPhone 6s Plus running IOS 10.1.1 is the ONLY device I own that is having this problem - it has NEVER accepted the user name/password combination that STILL works on 8 or 10 other devices and has worked for over two years? The problem exists ONLY on the iPhone.

Super User II

tfosson wrote:

I've uninstalled the APP and re-installed it at least three times as well.

Did you restart the device in between the uninstall and reinstall? This can often help with apps that are behaving... oddly. I have the same phone and iOS version and it's working fine.

Explorer | Level 4

@Rich wrote:

@tfosson wrote:

I've uninstalled the APP and re-installed it at least three times as well.

Did you restart the device in between the uninstall and reinstall? This can often help with apps that are behaving... oddly. I have the same phone and iOS version and it's working fine.

Thanks for trying, Rich. That didn't work, either. I don't understand why my userid/password combo works on every non-Apple device I own, but refuses to work on my iPhone. I don't have any problem logging into other apps requiring a login on the phone where the userid/password combo are formatted similarly - only the dropbox app.

Dropboxer
Hmmm, my apologies, I misunderstood that the other devices were also actively being used. If you're able to login successfully on your other mobile devices, you'll need to reach out to the support team for resolution (they'll be able to access your login logs to determine the issue).

You can submit a ticket here:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Once you've submitted your ticket would you let me know the ticket number so I can link this thread to it?

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply, Dorothy_Jane. I have already reached out to the support team and been led in circles with canned responses. The reason I came to this Forum. is because I wasn't getting any help from them. The ticket number is #5042527. Actually, they are the ones that recommended this forum. I've about resigned myself to the fact that my paid subscription to Dropbox Pro will not work on my iPhone and likely never will. I don't want to jeopardize it working on all my other devices by screwing around with changing the working password to something else while it is only NOT working on the iphone.

New member | Level 2
I had same problem. Tried all the fixes listed above. Multiple times.

Finally, I selected that goofy looking icon next to the password field on the login page. Then I selected "More", then I DESELECTED "Save to Dropbox", and then, it worked. Not sure why, how, or who, but finally working on my replacement iPhone.

New member | Level 2

I had the same problem with ios 11.4.1.

The reason for me was a aktivated Content Blocker in Safari. After deactivation I could easily log into dropbox.

Maybe it will help somebody.

New member | Level 2

Hi team, yea it was solved with the solution my markk, but while I upadated to iOS 12 beta then again the app is crashing while uploading file more than 10MB but strange part is working fine after restarting and trying 4-5times. Any solution?

Regards,

Smith

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't login to Dropbox Pro on Apple iPhone 6s Plus running IOS 10.1.1
10 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post