Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Can’t open MS office files from dropbox app on ipad

New member | Level 2

I tried to open office files in ipad dropbox app but it not open. When i open files from office app that link with dropbox it works fine. Any solution?DB63C02A-B208-4D1A-B37C-893506EF359C.jpeg

3 Replies

Re: Can’t open MS office files from dropbox app on ipad

Dropboxer
Hey @Chivorn, just so as to make sure I’m following-up with you correctly, can you please clarify for me if the functionality has been working as you’re trying to open your files from within excel & you’re only facing an issue when you’re using the “Edit”option in Dropbox?

While the sceenshot has been very helpful, I'd appreciate it if you let me know of the following: 

More information
#1. If that’s okay with you, would you mind un-installing & re-installing the two applications on your phone & let me know if that helps you resolve the issue you’re facing please? 
#2. From there, can you also let me know of the filesize of your Workbook.xslx & whether that’s a newly-created file or an existing one? Does that happen with specific files or are you seeing this error message with all your files incidentally? 
#3. It’s my understanding that the screenshot you’ve included in your initial message refers to what this looks like when the application gets stuck, am I right in my assumption or is it otherwise?   
Once I have these details, I’ll shift my attention on the matter at hand a bit closer. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Yes I'm facing an issue when using the “Edit”option in Dropbox.

#1. Tried all.

#2. Workbook.xslx is newly created file in dropbox app and this error happen with all ms office files.

#3. That's right.

Dropboxer
Thanks for your speedy message back @Chivorn, following-up on the checks that we’ve already tried together, I’d like to rule out that the error message is attributed to your connection. Would you mind repeating once on a different WiFi or while connected to your data plan? Please let me know if this extra step does the trick for you!

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can’t open MS office files from dropbox app on ipad
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post