Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Can you help me put my Dropbox folder in order?

New member | Level 1

Ihave 2 folders on my Dropbox out of order. The folder that has the word Duncan in it's name needs to be below thefolder named work for pam bilton since someone changed the order of those 2 files and the person at the Microsoft disabilitydidn't know how to change them back. Also my pass word is the word [removed by moderator] so please make sure that my pass word is how I had it. I can't fix things on my own due to total visual los.I don't appreciate someone messingup the order of my folders so please insure that this doesn't happen ever again! Also do notmess up the order of the rest of my Dropbox folders in anyway!Thank you!    s   

5 Replies

Re: Dropbox folder

Super User II

Pam, sorry, but this isnt a Dropbox issue - the ordering of folders etc. is all controlled by the Operating system itself (e.g. Microsoft Windows). It is Windows that decides how the order displays. 

It also isnt possible for anybody to change your password other than you. Certainly nobody from support or here (which is a user supported forum) can do it.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II

I'm sorry, Pam, but no one here can help you. You will need to contact Support for any help with your account. Also note that Dropbox cannot change the sort order of your folders, nor can it change your password.

You can contact support by visiting the link posted below. From the choices, select Account, and then select Get help with other issue. Fill in the form and submit it.

https://www.dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

My first day with dropbox....I have 300 designs that I want to put into one folder to share.  How do I get the designs into the folder?

Super User II

Shari - please do not hijack other threads. 

Please start your own or find a relevant one.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

sorry I didn't know I was doing anything wrong.  I will take my smacked face and try again.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can you help me put my Dropbox folder in order?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post