Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Cannot login to dropbox

New member | Level 1

I have a macbook pro and I cannot get dropbox to login to my account. I have used dropbox on this computer for a long time. I have tried all re-install/terminal command suggestions on the forums and nothing works. It says: "waiting to be linked to a dropbox account" and in Preferences>Account it says: "This computer isn't linked to an account". And I can't get the login/sign-in window to pop up so that I can type in anything...what do I do? 

6 Replies

Re: Cannot login to dropbox

New member | Level 1

I use Macbook pro and I got exactly same problem.

The Dropbox always stucks here:

></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>And in Preferences>Account it says: nlink this Dropbox.

></p>
<p>I have tried all <a href=re-install/terminal command suggestions on the forums too;Also nothing works.

It just happened yesterday and I try everything but no help, almost freaking me out!!!!

New member | Level 1

Hi C. Howard,

Thanks for the response, at least I'm not the only one with this problem! If you find a solution, please post it here, I have a feeling that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing. I even tried downloading an older version of dropbox and I actually got a login screen, BUT, as soon as I typed my login and password it blocked me saying: "You have an older version of dropbox, install the new one" which didn't work. Please include this thread if you contact them

New member | Level 1

This was a response that I just received!:

Hi Rajee, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this setup may not meet the minimum requirements for the Dropbox application. Our records indicate that you are running Mac OS X 10.8.5. You need to be running at least 10.8.6 to be able to run the Dropbox application. Please review our recommended minimum requirements on the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/3

Let's hope this works…let me know if updating your OS made a diff. for you to

New member | Level 1

HI Rajee:

My OS is 10.9.5....

></p>
<p> </p>
<p>No help...</p>

New member | Level 1

It works well on my other devices: Windows, Ipad,Android....

Super User II

I'm consolidating these threads into one main one to make it easier to track this issue. This thread is being closed. Please use the following thread to report this issue, and make sure you open a ticket with Dropbox Support.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Cannot login to dropbox
6 Replies
2 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post