Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Re: Continuously Syncing on Mac

New member | Level 2

I am experiencing the same problem.  Dropbox never stops syncing.  All files have solid green dot (checks) indicating they are up to date.  I've restarted dropbox, to no avail.  OS is Mojave 10.14.6.

Too bad you couldn't answer this question pubilcly. 

Jim

Dropboxer

Hi there @James V.8, sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. 

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile if you'd like to have a more in depth look into this. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

dropbox on iMac shows "syncing" for days but nothing syncs

New member | Level 2

dropbox on iMac shows "syncing" for days but nothing syncs. There are questions like that here but you don't post solutions?

Re: dropbox on iMac shows "syncing" for days but nothing syncs

Dropboxer

Hi there @ossi, thanks for reaching out to us!

Just so that I can fully understand the issue that you're having, I'd like to ask you for a bit more info on this.

If you look at your desktop Dropbox folder, do you see files/folders showing the blue syncing icon Arrows Counter Clock? Or do they all appear to be synced with the green tick White check mark?

Also, can you let me know what version of the desktop app you have installed, as well as a screenshot of the current sync status?

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

It has worked before so previous files are shown as synced. All current files from the last few days are "waiting to be synced"

Dropboxer

Thanks for that @ossi!

Would you mind letting me know what version of the desktop app you have installed?

Also, can you please send a screenshot of the sync status of the app, making sure that any errors are visible? 

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Dropboxer

Hi @James V.8

How was this issue resolved? If you have a minute to spare, please let us know about your support experience and the solution of your issue. 

Thanks! 

Fiona

Helpful | Level 5

My experience with Dropbox was close to the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced. Mind boggling how it took weeks just to get a response. Switched to Google Drive. Was eventually able to fix it because a single file was not syncying properly, even though the folders have green check mark. 

Dropboxer

I appreciate your response. 

Sorry to hear you are no longer using Dropbox. I reported your feedback to your tickets. 

Thank you for getting back to us with feedback. 

Fiona

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for your response. It is just frusterating that a solution (simply deleting one file) which took less than 10 seconds to implement took weeks to solve. There needs to be a better forum than simply posting a problem and waiting until someone answers. Instant chat or a phone number would make more sense in combination with the community forum. 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Continuously Syncing on Mac
21 Replies
5 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey