Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Copying from Network to Dropbox Folder very Slow

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you feel this way @NereuFelzke - as I haven't been able to locate any of your tickets on our system I went ahead and reached out via email to the address you use for your forum's profile so we can have a look into this together. 

When you get the chance take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

In closing, I wanted thank you for this feedback. Whether positive or negative, we are always looking for user input when creating the next version of the Dropbox app so I'll make sure all of your comments are passed along to our development team.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

The problem for my case is found and fixed but it is a painful process

Root Caused: When changing to from selecting sync folders to customised sync folders (selective folders ony), Dropbox changed all remaining (deselected) folders to ONLINE ONLY (not LOCAL) and stay that way even if you select them back again .

When the folder or files are at ONLINE-ONLY status, it will takes significant amount of time to download (sync again) first then do the copy/move. This is where the trouble is.

Why Dropbox has to change them to ONLINE-ONLY . I dónt know . BUT, this incur a painful process to make all folders to appear as LOCAL again which shouldn't need to

Hope it helps

Highlighted

Level 4
The problem continues, but I was reimbursed because I had to hire another provider. I will have the basic signature and if it is of interest I can continue the tests. Ended here 5 years with dropbox. Thank you.
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Copying from Network to Dropbox Folder very Slow
32 Replies
10 Likes