Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Re: Custom folder icons vanish when folder moved into DB

New member | Level 2

Same exact problem.

Don't know if Dropbox actually monitors these, but let me add my voice to the chorus ... if this isn't fixed soon I'll just switch over to iCloud.

personalized icons has gone !!!

New member | Level 2

Hi, I use Dropbox for more then 5 years. I know how to work with it and love it.

But, since last week all the folders with personalized icons that I put in my DROPBOX FOLDER the icons disappears instantly !!!

I made some tests. If I personalized a icon folder in the desktop it remains ok even after restars.If I drag this folder to Dropbox folder …the icon vanish !!

It is a big problem for me. I use tons of personalized icons for ages and now I’m completly confused !!

I'm using MAC OS Mojave 10.14.6 in my two machines: An Macbook pro 2018 and a iMac 2017. Please, help me !

Re: personalized icons has gone !!!

Dropboxer

Thanks for the report and welcome to our Community @giomalagueta!

Kindly note that I moved and merged your post under this thread as it echoes what the OP has described.

Feel free to take a look around this thread and to what other users have contributed in regards to the matter at hand and if you come up with any questions; just let me know.

Have a lovely day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6
Walter,
I was told by a Dropbox Support representative that an update is in the works that will restore custom icon functionality. Can you confirm that? Note: He did state that he did not know of a timetable for that fix.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi all!

Thank you all for your feedback and comments on this topic, we understand that this has caused issues for a lot of you here as it has affected your workflows and how you use Dropbox. 

We've just received an update from the team that they're working on a fix for this! While we don't currently have a timeframe, we'll ensure to update you all again here as soon as there's more info to share. 

Thank you all for your patience and have a great day ahead!

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

I have already moved my files to iCloud. My Dropbox account expires in a couple of months. We'll see if this issue is addressed before then!

Customized Folder Lost

Explorer | Level 4

I'm a Mac user and I usually customize folders with images to find something faster (business version with hundreds of folders).
After the last update of Dropbox, all the customizations are gone and the folders are all sadly blue. I want my folders back.

Re: Customized Folder Lost

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this too @MaxMe.

I just moved your post under this thread as it practically relates to the same issue. Please have a look whenever you get the chance and let me know if you have any additional questions.

As mentioned, the team is aware and currently working on this. I don't have a concrete ETA to provide at this point though.

Thanks for your patience on this one!

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 

Re: Customized Folder Lost

New member | Level 2

After years of customizing all of my dropbox folders (icons), they all disappeared today. This seemed to occur after a prolonged indexing process. In any event, from reading the messages, it would appear that this is a colossal mistake by the dropbox Tech team. Hard to understand how such a stupid mistake can be made. I am migrating to Google cloud

Helpful | Level 6

@Lusil wrote:

We've just received an update from the team that they're working on a fix for this! While we don't currently have a timeframe, we'll ensure to update you all again here as soon as there's more info to share. 

Thank you for letting us know, much appreciated.  Hopefully the fix will come very soon.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Custom folder icons vanish when folder moved into DB
250 Replies
340 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey