Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Does Dropbox camera upload honour system setting "synchronise"?

New member | Level 2

On android, one can swipe down a quick settings-meny. One of these are "synchronise".

Does this setting affect Dropbox camera upload?

More info: I travel between countries, and some countries have expensive data rates. I use a personal wifi device, so I have a routine where I always go into different apps and deactivate auto-sync. Unfortunately, sometimes I miss one of these from going into the hotel (want sync? yes) and then leaving again.

If Dropbox honours the global sync setting, then I have one less app to worry about slightly smiling face

1 Reply

Re: Does Dropbox camera upload honour system setting "synchronise"?

Super User II

@ajulvestad wrote:

On android, one can swipe down a quick settings-meny. One of these are "synchronise".

I'm pretty sure that only disables synchronization to Google's services. I've never known it to affect other apps. As far as I know, it's not a setting that other apps can take advantage of.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Does Dropbox camera upload honour system setting "synchronise"?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post