Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Drop box not working after renaming home folder

Level 1

I've created new account for dropbox. and unlinked all my devices from my previous account. Than typed that commands

But it doesn't helped me to launch dropbox. 

I've created another user for my macbookpro and easily started dropbox. What it can be( 

Link for video https://youtu.be/hchxCmqQoKU

><br><br></p>

Super User

Okay, lets back up a bit, you said  . I've moved my home directory folder location.

Look at these instructions on the terminal midway thru article.  Pay attention to the end of #3

See also . https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/sync-time

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 1

i've deleted already dropbox folder. I want to launch it from the very begining and set up dropbox folder. I want to delete everything linked to dropbox and start it over. But i think i've tried this method by deleting ".dropbox" folder and "DropboxHelperTools.old". Maybe there are another folders of dropbox...

Link for video on youtube what is happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hchxCmqQoKU&feature=youtu.be 

Super User

have you made sure other Dropbox components are not running.  If you feel like it, try launching Activity Monitor found in your Application folder and see if Dropbox is running.  If so, kill all instances and start over.

Try reinstalling Dropbox client.

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 1

There is no compnonets runing in Activity Monitor. 

Super User

have you reinstalled Dropbox Client?

Level 1

I've reinstalled Dropbox application, is it client? On the link on video you can see what ".DS_Store" file is automatically recreates in ".dropbox" folder. Is it correct? 

I've checked activity monitor there was no dropbox logs, then deleted files form ".dropbox "and "DropboxHelperTools.old", than instaled dropbox and still the same. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgv9PdAHeg&feature=youtu.be 

Super User

I'm going to reach out to an coleage of mine that knows Mac and see if he can help. BTW, the official way to get help is by submitting a Support ticket 

Level 1

Thank's a lot Chris. I wrote to Support ticket, but they didn't answered. But it was 10 hours ago. Hope you can help me)

Level 1

By the way, if i type in terminal (open -a "Dropbox") command it says me 

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/Dropbox.app with error -10810.

Toss-MacBook-Pro:~ MAVR$

><br> </span></p>

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Drop box not working after renaming home folder
39 Replies
22 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post