Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox Capcha authentication is blocking me.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, I'm trying to install Fillr on my 10 year old daughters computer but you think its doing something dodgy and this computer is as simple and mundane as humanly possible.  Whats teh deal?  I will gladly provide any details you want on the computer, heck you can even screen share it i don't care its just strange.

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.38.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.37.58 PM.pngThese captcha disappear

Tags (2)
11 Replies

Re: Dropbox Capcha authentication is blocking me.

Helpful | Level 5

I also had the same problem just attempting to install drop box.  Its strange as heck and is concerning.

Super User
Hi 711kicks! Did this get resolved for you yet? If not, I am happy to help! Is this captcha from the browser or the sign-in window after downloading and installing?

Helpful | Level 5

Hello, no i have not had this fixed yet.   The odd thing is that this has happened from my house and from my hotel room that im in right now so different networks.   

Super User
What browser are you using? I had something similar when using Edge/IE but not in Chrome.

Dropboxer

Hey there @711kicks - sorry for the tardy response, are you still having this issue?

First off, thanks for flagging this with us. Kindly note that CAPTCHA pages and other security features are in place to prevent abuse and protect our users and services. 

In order to pass the CAPTCHA challenge, you should enter your Dropbox login information and type the text that shows up in the CAPTCHA challenge.  In case you're getting an error stating that you've entered the wrong CAPTCHA response, please try one of the following methods:

1) Click the refresh button at the bottom of the CAPTCHA box. This will give you a new image of characters to type in.

2) Press on the audio button at the bottom of the CAPTCHA box. Type in what you hear. Please make sure your volume is audible.

3) Try logging in with a different web browser.

Having said that now, to help us figure out why this isn't working properly, it would be really helpful if you could provide me with the name and build of the browser you currently use. 

Thanks in advance for your response.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

I don't think you understand the problem.   My screenshots show two problems, first is the capcha's dont' work.  You click the images and they dissapear and loop endlessly.  Then if I try audio, i get the message in my second previously attached screenshot.  So your fix was tried several times prior to me posting this.   thansk though.   This happened in Chrome, and also it happend initially when i installed the app.  Im not on a proxy, Ive been on a total of 3 networks, same problem.

Helpful | Level 5

Also, Capcha has been around for a decade.  I'm pretty sure every human who uses computers in 2018 understands the basics of what it is.  This is a block, a block, a blockity-block-block.  

Dropboxer

Thanks for the speedy response @711kicks - apologies for my misunderstanding. 

Can you please let me know if this also persists on an incognito window or after clearing your browser's cache? I am only asking this to exclude the possibility of a plug-in or browser extension causing this issue. Also, does this persist for you on different browsers

Moreover, could you try going to your browser's settings and let me know the exact build you are currently on? You can do this easily:

1.  Go to Chrome's settings ( the ellipsis button on the top right corner) 

2. Click Help

3. Click About Chrome

Send me the version of Chrome's build you use as you see it there to help our investigation. I am attaching a screenshot of where to find this as well. 

Chrome.png

Please let me know what you find and thanks in advance for your response, patience and cooperation so far. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Super User
@711kicks, if you want to setup some time with me in the near future (tomorrow maybe) I would be willing to try a quick TeamViewer session to see if I can't help.
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Capcha authentication is blocking me.
11 Replies
6 Likes