cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other users like you. Get involved

no

Dropbox Shows on Windows Taskbar White 1 in a square with a Red Background!!

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

Dropbox is showing a White 1 in a Square Box with a Red Background. I had to reinstall Dropbox and set upan external hard drive to sync my files

The sync blue arrow seems to have gone and I now have as described above. I don't know if Drobbox is syncing with my external hard drive

Can anyone assist

Thankyou

William Henry

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Shows on Windows Taskbar White 1 in a square with a Red Background!!

Super User

You can hover the mouse cursor over the Dropbox icon in macOS menubar or Windows taskbar tray area, it should show Up to date. Yeah, the sync icon does not include green tick mark anymore. You can learn about the new status icons here - https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/sync-icons

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 9.06.13 PM GMT+8.png

Re: Dropbox Shows on Windows Taskbar White 1 in a square with a Red Background!!

Explorer | Level 3
Hello Dropbox does not seem to be working properly Before I had to reinstall Dropbox it worked fine synced and showed when it synced No syncing is shown on my taskbar Any help would be greatly appreciated Regards William Henry

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this William.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you let me know the desktop app's exact status as shown within your computer's system tray when you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon?

If you're not seeing the little Dropbox icon there, the app is probably not running (which would also explain why your files aren't syncing). Could you check if it's running and if not, relaunch it and let me know how it goes?

If you can't find the application on your computer, you can go ahead and re-install.

Keep us posted on your progress @williamghenry

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Shows on Windows Taskbar White 1 in a square with a Red Background!!
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey