Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox UI doesn't work on Kubuntu 19.04

New member | Level 2

I did a clean install of  Kubuntu (Ubunt 19.04) and also fresh install of Dropbox client. Problem is, it doesn't work! Dropbox UI is sluggish, tray menu sometimes appears sometimes not. Preferences window sometimes appears... sometimes not. Sometime I need to wait 30 seconds to open. Buttons in preferences window - the same story - sometimes they are clickable sometimes not (!) Selective sync doesn't work at all - whatever I choose, next time I got always "Select All" option selected and client does not react to those changes. Sometimes even list of files doesn't appear. Guys?!

12 Replies

Re: Dropbox UI doesn't work on Kubuntu 19.04

Dropboxer

Hi @Piotr P. , 

Thanks for alerting us to this issue. 

What version of the app is giving you this unexpected behavior? Please note that your Kubuntu 19.4 is an extra desktop layer and even though Ubuntu 19.4 is supported, this flavor might have added more "spice" to your Dropbox Syncing functionalities. confounded face

I hope I can further assist with this. 

Looking forward to your response to investigate. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

I installed ver. 81.3.185

Star Collaborator | Level 17

Hi @Piotr P.,

The problem is general. You can add your voice here. We have a promise that new stable build will be ready relatively soon. Let's force development fix this.

@Fiona, Take a look here, please.

Hope this helps. winking face

New member | Level 2

Uh, I see. :-(

Dropboxer

Hey @Здравко and @Piotr P. 

Thank you both for your answers here. I appreciate the link to this other thread @Здравкоslightly smiling face

Now I also believe that every issue should be investigated as a unique case and example for us to get better. Such unexpected behavior (lots of issues described there) might be related to many factors. Even though the Ubuntu flavors are not supported fully, I would be glad to look into your current set up and report the behavior to our devs. 

Let me know if you want me to Open a ticket for us to do this together @Piotr P.. ( I can use the email associated with your Community profile, if you wish). 

Thank you in advance! 

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

If it helps... why not.

Dropboxer

It will help us. Investigation is always helpful.

Thank you so much for your time on this. 

I have emailed you already. 

Fiona

New member | Level 2

I've just confirmed my e-mail address. By the way, I deleted some files from my HDD (which was almost full due to Selective Sync settings) and it started to work somehow (I think so...). Waiting for new selective sync settings te be applied.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks so much for the additional info!

Reducing the amount of files syncing always helps. Very good troubleshooting step for your syncing. Arrows Counter Clock . Here is an article about this. 

I will investigate further with the device details you will give me via email and see what other steps we could take together, for the behaviors you described (missing menu etc.). Thanks again!

Fiona

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox UI doesn't work on Kubuntu 19.04
12 Replies
4 Likes