cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox and Google Sheets integration

Dropbox and Google Sheets integration

Marialavr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello. I read about Dropbox and google Sheets straight integration. Is it working right now? Or are there any ways to do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mlprim wrote:

Any update on when this integration will be available?

It's available now, as an open beta for English-language Dropbox Business teams. You can read more here:

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Marialavr, what you’ve read was correct, let me send you some tips & tricks to get going with that! 

[Edit: while we don't currently have an active integration between Google Sheets & Dropbox, the closest feature you could utilize to edit your files directly from your Dropbox account is co-authoring with Office Online and Dropbox.]

The Microsoft Office & Dropbox integration lets you open Office files stored in your Dropbox, make changes in the Office mobile and web apps, and save those changes directly back to your Dropbox. This & this will be helpful to you, though you can test it right now, following the steps below: 

Spoiler

How do I create new Office Online files from Dropbox?

#1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
#2. Click My files.
#3. Click Create a new file.
#4. Select Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
#5. Sign in to Office Online and create a new file. 

Important notes on creating Office Online files from Dropbox:
  • When you click Create a new file and select a file type, you'll be redirected to Office Online
  • When you create a new file through Office Online, a link to this file is automatically saved to Dropbox for easy access
  • You must have an Office Online subscription to use this feature
Hopefully this addresses your initial inquiry, though please do let me know here in case you have any questions about any of the above. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

BeBrief58
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What does your answer have to do with Google Sheets??

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Ah, caught red-handed on this one (@BeBrief58), apologies for my misunderstanding. This integration isn’t currently available however you (in all likelihood) found this post after looking it up online. While I’ve now made sure to amend my previous comment, I understand that this feature may be important to you & I appreciate the time you devoted in writing me your feedback about my comment here. For that reason, I’ve made a note of your request & I’ve included that on my report internally. 

Please feel free to ping me back here in case you have any more Dropbox-specific inquiries & I’d just like to remind you that our Forum Wall is always open to your feedback or questions. Happy February & I’m wishing you a lovely weekend ahead!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

fuseteam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

so what happened with gsuite integration, i see no trace of it other than announcements on media outlets all dated march last year. Also doesn't this mean the question is not solved?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there (@fuseteam), thanks for checking in on this inquiry! While we do not have any additional information to share at the moment, we are very excited about this new partnership, so stay tuned for our next update. Please feel free to ping me back here again if you have any additional thoughts or questions!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

mlprim
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Any update on when this integration will be available? In the meantime, do you recommend any add-ons that can help?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there (@mlprim), thanks for the nudge! I don’t have anything to add to my last comment at the moment, however I appreciate the time you devoted to write us on this functionality & I’ve added your voice to the feedback we’re collecting on the Community. Let me know if you have further questions or thoughts! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mlprim wrote:

Any update on when this integration will be available?

It's available now, as an open beta for English-language Dropbox Business teams. You can read more here:

mlprim
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I completed the sign up a couple weeks ago and was told I was not eligible. I have our corporate Dropbox administrator (who reports to me) checking as well. Have the criteria changed? is that someone we could talk with directly about trying this integration? We are considering using Dropbox as our corporate standard cloud-based, shared storage environment. 

Need more support?