Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox crashing after new Win10 update

New member | Level 2

I have tha same issue on 2 PCs. After new Win10 update dropbox app crashing after 10 seconds work. It message that the app is suddenly close. Restart the program doesn't help.

I tried to update dropbox with latest version and than reinstall, but it didn't help.

The first PC with Win10 home edition and the second Win10 Pro. Updated with version 1903

Are anyone have the same? 

Maybe it can be connected with my dropbox account?

4 Replies

Re: Dropbox crashing after new Win10 update

Dropboxer

Hey there @virereest - I'm sorry to hear about your computers' crashes; let's have a look now!

At first, could you please try re-installing our desktop application using the offline installer of our latest stable version (found in the link below) and let me know if you're still experiencing the crashes you mentioned?

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=79.4.143&plat=win&type=full

Let me know how this goes and we'll take it from there! 

PS: If you're still having this issue, a screenshot depicting the status of the app as shown in your computer's system tray would be much appreciated. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I reinstalled the app with your link. App is still crash.

Here is moment before crash. In moment, when message is changing from "Starting" to "Synchronization" tray icon dissapear. And then shows message on the second picture. When I try to restart the app it comes again.

P.S. Text on screenshots at Russian language. Message says that files in save and restart the app to restore synchronization.

issue2.jpgissue1.jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshots @virereest - how are you today?

At this point, I'd suggest a clean, advanced re-install following the steps outlined below:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall\

If you get the same error after doing this, please let me know! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi, @Walter. I resolve my problem. After uninstall the app, I deleted folder C/users/name/dropbox with all files. And then when I install dropbox again I choose partial synchronization. So I found that matlab saved files crash dropbox. Now I deleted some files and all is ok.

Thank you for help!

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox crashing after new Win10 update
4 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post