Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Indexing?

Explorer | Level 3

Finally, after a whole week without solution, I need to install again Windows 10 on my computer. Thanks! one week of work lost and 45 euros less. And today, I spent my whole day installing programs again. Dropbox support team doesn't know how to help users. Sad!!! I hope my company changes soon to Google Drive.

@Walter  escribió:

Hey there @nelc - sorry for the tardy response. Are you still having issues with this?

If so, please send a screenshot so we can have a visual as well to make sure we're on the same page. In the meantime, you can also try our lookup tool for problematic file names and have a look here for a list of incompatible characters  across OSes that might be causing your problem.

Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there. Thank you and have an awesome weekend ahead!

Re: Indexing?

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about this @nelc

As I am not sure I understood correctly now, was your drive corrupted after all?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Dropbox desktop application is stuck on indexing

New member | Level 2

I fortuitously solved the problem. I was accidentally reading the advice on a different cloud storage system, thinking I was reading about Dropbox. It suggested solving the non-stop indexing problem by pausing sync and then unpausing again. I decided to try this with Dropbox and to my great surprise and pleasure, it worked. It might not work for everyone, but it worked for me.

Dropboxer

Glad to hear that this did the trick for you this time; I've made sure to Accept your latest comment as the Best Answer, as it could also be of assistance to other users in the future. We’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts, so don't hesitate to reach back out here at any time. I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead! 😊 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

I clicked here because this is marked as solved, but it never was. I'm having the same problem.  Dropbox on my laptop is stuck and indexing and won't finish, and it won't sync.  I've tried selective syncing, I've tried pausing and un-pausing the sync, I've tried re-booting both the computers this is installed on (and rebooting Dropbox on both computers), I've tried signing in and out of Dropbox, I've tried deleting the Dropbox cache, and I've tried completely re-installing the program.  Nothing works.  No matter what I do, it still says "Dropbox 71.4.108 Indexing 197 files" when I hover over the DB icon (whether I choose selective syncing or not it still tries to index thes same number of files - and when I reboot my computer, my SS settings are deleted and it reverts back to all folders).  I pay for DB Plus so it needs to be working correctly; how do we get this fixed?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @tremordencastle, I appreciate your in-depth explanation & all the time you’ve devoted to fix that on your end. I’d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email including all the details you’ve sent me here. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox desktop application is stuck on indexing
15 Replies
6 Likes
Solved! : See solution