Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Dropbox doesn't work with mobile phone Internet

Explorer | Level 3
I have problems synchronising Dropbox files in desktop app when using Internet from my phone. I have no Wi-Fi and that's everything I can use to work for the moment.
The situation is the following:
- With WiFi, everything works fine in both laptop and phone devices.
- Sharing the connection from my phone is where everything turns wrong. Even Firefox doesn't work, take too long and after that comes the error.
I have a Macbook Pro, maybe it is something related to permissions in the laptop other in the phone.
Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Dropbox doesn't work with mobile phone Internet

Helpful | Level 5

Hello, 

It seems to be a lack of  broadband connectivity. 

You can test your connectivity : https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

Daniel

Dropboxer

Hello @miguelbf & @Daniel37; welcome to the Dropbox Community!

As per your query now Miguel, while I agree with Daniel that this could be related to your broadband connectivity (in which case you should also check with your cellular data provider), I'd suggest adjusting your bandwidth settings through the desktop app's preferences when working on your Dropbox files according to your current needs as this might do the trick in some cases. 

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

I have tried everything you guys suggested, but nothing worked. Maybe I'm not following your guidelines in a correct way, but it seems that there is something which blocks Dropbox to be opened. I would like to clarify that Dropbox website works perfectly with my phone but only if I don't share the connection to work with it through my Macbook :(

Explorer | Level 3

NEWS:

Something strange has happened. These past months I was in Germany, where I had the problem. At this time I'm back in Spain, where I originally come from and receive the data and mobile services. And surprise, here everything works perfectly! Sync and Internet navigating go fluently without any problems. Why would this happen? I didn't expect that.

Dropboxer

I'm sorry for the late reply @miguelbf; I hope my message finds you well. 

@miguelbf wrote:

NEWS:

Something strange has happened. These past months I was in Germany, where I had the problem. At this time I'm back in Spain, where I originally come from and receive the data and mobile services. And surprise, here everything works perfectly!

This makes sense now that you've clarified this part as Camera Uploads won't work when on roaming data as the relevant Help Center article outlines. 

In any case, I'm glad you managed to resolve your concern in the end and I'm always a post away should you ever come up with any additional questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox doesn't work with mobile phone Internet
5 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post