cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for iOS giving “No internet connection” error message

Dropbox for iOS giving “No internet connection” error message

MLondon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of the Dropbox iOS on my iPad with iOS 11.4.1

My iPad is connected to the internet and I have zero problems with other apps.

However the Dropbox app tell me I have "“No internet connection” and that “Syncing will resume when you’re back online”.

Very frustrating. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading from the App Store, but this has not resolved the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? What solutions worked?

Thanks,

Matthew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tmhlee
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Just to clarify, I don't mean to turn on Cellular Data, but the application specific setting. Similar to below, just check that Dropbox also have app-specific data acces.

But I'm sure the dropbox support staff will be able to help you out.

Cheers, 

IMG_0079.jpg

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

tmhlee
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hi Matthew, 

Have you tried going into your Settings > Cellular Data 

And scrolling down to the list of applications that you are allowing permissions to access cellular data? Because dropbox could use a lot of data, I have previously made the decision to block 3G/LTE data to save on data use costs. If you are not using wifi you may have to make sure that the option to use cellular data is enabled. 

If that doesn't work it may also be worth checking from the dropbox website if your device is allowed to be connected to your account. 

Good luck,

G

MLondon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, Celluar Data is on. And the device is registered on Dropbox.com

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @MLondon, I’ve run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your newest open ticket & I’ve replied to you there, so as to further investigate what’s happening based on the info we have on file on our tools. You may have a look at your inbox for my latest message whenever you get a chance & please include all the relevant details on that discussion. 

Thanks again for posting us on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on our email conversation! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

tmhlee
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Just to clarify, I don't mean to turn on Cellular Data, but the application specific setting. Similar to below, just check that Dropbox also have app-specific data acces.

But I'm sure the dropbox support staff will be able to help you out.

Cheers, 

IMG_0079.jpg

MLondon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi tmhlee,

Yes, that did it!

So obvious... Duh...

Much appreciated 

tmhlee
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Excellent! Glad it's solved. It's happened to me many times before. 

Cheers,

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @MLondon & @tmhlee, I just wanted to thank you both for your contribution on our discussion here, I was so glad to see that you got this figured out on this conversation. Here’s a little something from us to kick-start your weekend ( :shortcake: :heavy_plus_sign: :shortcake:).

Happy :iphone: uploading & do let us know here of any additional thoughts or questions you may have in the future; our Forum wall is always open. Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

danny21015
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Your suggestion totally solved my problem. Thank you!

thompja1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am using an ipad without data. It is a wifi only ipad. How do I fix the problem with the internet error on this kind of device. 

Need more support?