cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for iOS giving “No internet connection” error message

Dropbox for iOS giving “No internet connection” error message

MLondon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of the Dropbox iOS on my iPad with iOS 11.4.1

My iPad is connected to the internet and I have zero problems with other apps.

However the Dropbox app tell me I have "“No internet connection” and that “Syncing will resume when you’re back online”.

Very frustrating. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading from the App Store, but this has not resolved the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? What solutions worked?

Thanks,

Matthew

22 Replies 22

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @thompja1, the issue described here was specific to iOS 11.4.1, however I’m wondering whether you’ve had a chance to install 12.2 on your iPad that’s the most Up-to-Date version. From there, we usually advise running our mobile version 140.2 as well. If it’s not too much trouble for you, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening; please include it in your next message if possible. 

Any other detail on how this discrepancy has manifested itself would also be very helpful in determining the best next steps & thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Cmessmore
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am also having this problem with Wifi only connection.   I'm running iOS 13.2.2 and Dropbox Basic.   Very annoying.   I have to use the email to option that shows when I tap the Blue Dropbox icon in the list with email, etc.   I get the error when I try to "save to Dropbox".

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Cmessmore, thanks for the nudge! 

• Could you clarify if you’re hitting this error message when you’re Saving to Dropbox from a specific app or you’ve seen that across apps? 
  • Could you include a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next message for me showing me your view? 
I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Cmessmore
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Somehow I got it fixed. I kept messing around with settings ( in Pilot saving to Dropbox) and I'm not sure what I did that worked, but something did.   Thank you for responding 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sure @Cmessmore; feel free to touch-base with us if you have more questions in the future. Take care until we talk again! 😊 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

LBC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am not using cellular data, so the fix proposed does not work for me. I am just using wifi, still getting the error message, despite the fact I have a very robust wifi connection.

Kindly help. This is a very irritating problem that reduces the usefulness of Dropbox for me.

LBC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also, I wanted to specify: This is an intermittent problem.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @LBC, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Out of curiosity, when do you get the error message? Is it when previewing specific files?

Could you also send us a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message that you see?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LBC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am using only wifi, not cellular on both my iPhone and my iPad. Permissions for cellular is not the issue.

Is there an analogous setting for allowing Dropbox access on wifi?

LBC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Rather than reply just to the individual who had the question, why not reply to the community?

More than one person has this issue.

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kj wong Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    LBC New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?