Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Dropbox for windows phone not working

Level 2

I have the same problem...any tips on what to do about it? confounded face

Level 2

I contacted support after leaving my comment here the other day, but no response yet.

Dropboxer
Hey there peeps!

I’d just like to mention to clear up any confusion, the Dropbox app for S mode is the universal Windows app for devices running OS version 10. You can read a little more about it here in our Help Center article.

As a first step, if you haven’t already would you all mind trying to reinstall the Dropbox app on your device to see if that helps with the issue at hand? Could you let me know what the last thing you see in the app is before it crashes? For example, are you going to a certain location or trying to take an action when the app crashes.

For those who have already tried reinstalling, would you mind if I reach out to the email address associated with your Community profiles so we can do some more investigation through our Support channel?

Let me know what you peeps find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 4

Suddenly one morning the app has updated and was named "Dropbox in s-mode" and it start up with the start screen and then just closed again.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and the same happened - i can not configure the app. It close just after startup.

My phone is a Lumia 950.

I checked the same on my Lumia 930 and it works ok - no update...   No problem on my PC and Notebook.

Level 6
The only thing we can see before the crash is the dropbox logo as usually.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no good, just like the Xbox console companion app. Dropbox app is crashing like that same

Level 5

Hi Daphne, Reinstallation hasn't changed anything. Since the update to version 21.4.3.0 the Dropbox app crashes immediately after the startup screen. With me on Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile, version 10.0.15254.572) and Lumia 830 (version 10.0.15063.1805).

Level 6
This update us only available for creators and fall creators only. The anniversary update's Dropbox app works fine.
So pls fix this.
I just gone to the anniversary and creators and fall creators in my L930 so I'm sure about the bug that it will only happened I. The app for creators and fall creators.
Because these are the latest versions of W10M pls fix this
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey again all!

@MrXXL and @BerniG I’ve gone ahead and reached out to the email addresses associated with your Community profiles so please check your inbox at your earliest convenience. Let me know in reply to the email that you received this communication so we can take it from there.

@Lasitha I was able to locate your open communication so I’ve followed up there for you, please also check your inbox so that we can continue the investigation there.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 6
I got your email Daphne and I replied to it.
Pls fix this issue.

Level 4
It looks like I just got a new version that works. It is 21.4.4.0. Thanks, Daphne and Dropbox team for getting this fixed quickly. Prior to today, I experienced the same issue as others using the previous update. I am using an HP Elite X3 phone with the current Windows 10 Mobile build. My backup phone, an HTC One M8 (configured as a Lumia 950) also is working fine. Thanks again.
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox for windows phone not working
24 Replies
12 Likes
Solved! : See solution