Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox not recognised as cloud storage on mac

New member | Level 2

I have a macbook running Mojave 10 which I haven't used very much yet. I have downloaded the desktop Dropbox app and Dropbox does appear in Finder. However, when I try to save a file - that was originally saved in Dropbox, it will only allow me to save to the hard disk or to cloud storage which only offers One Drive, One Drive for Business or Share Point. When I ask to add another cloud storage there is no option for Dropbox.

Additionally I have tried to set up smart sync. The process only allows me to get as far as the button to Open Preferences. On clicking this, nothing happens and I can go no further. I reinstalled the desktop app today so I know it is up-to-date.

Any help gratefully received!

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox not recognised as cloud storage on mac

Super User II

Hi @GillianG 

Thats correct.

Dropbox is a folder on your local machine. It doesnt link (I assume this is in Office?) to those applications and allow cloud only saving.

To activate Smart Sync have you got the Professional or higher plan and followed https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/smart-sync

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox not recognised as cloud storage on mac
1 Reply
0 Likes