Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox says "Can't sync. Your Dropbox is out of space"

Collaborator | Level 8

I am a member of a team with a Business account. All of a sudden today, myself and another member are not able to sync any new files to Dropbox, and we cannot upload them through the website either. The Dropbox icon is greyed out with a red check mark and when I hover over it it says "Can't sync. Your Dropbox is out of space." This is not true though, our account says we have 5TB of space and are only using 1.5TB. I am including two screenshots showing the weird message that comes up (WTF does that percentage mean!? This morning that said 30% of 5TB used.) and our account showing how much space we have:

DropBox error.jpg

Dropbox plan.JPGI've opened a ticket, but I am trying anymethod I can to get this fixed since this is not letting us upload any new files which stops us from doing new work.

Please help!

4 Replies

Re: Dropbox says "Can't sync. Your Dropbox is out of space"

Dropboxer

Hey there Bonnie, sorry to hear about this.

As I wanted to help as much as I can from my end, I've just found your existing ticket and passed your comments there so we can have all the relevant information under the same place. 

A colleague of mine is on it while I write this comment so you should be hearing from them soon. 

I wish I could do more than this, but at this point, and due to the nature of the matter at hand, I'd suggest that you waited for an update on your ticket as this is the best way to troubleshoot account specific inquiries such as this one.  

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused so far. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I am having this same issue.

Explorer | Level 3

Facing the same issue.

Can anyone reply to this so thati canresolve my issue?

Thank you in advance.

Dropboxer

Could you elaborate or post a screenshot of the matter at hand fellas (@rmursinna  & @petersmith69)?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox says "Can't sync. Your Dropbox is out of space"
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post