cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox using Nvidia GPU

Dropbox using Nvidia GPU

denebarry
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to prevent dropbox using my Nvidia GPU. Why does it in the first place.

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there, @denebarry

In general, GPU usage is needed for the desktop’s app functionality. However, in order to gain more context on your query, I’ve made sure to send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile so as to have a better understanding of the behavior you’re experiencing. 

Thanks in advance! :grinning:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xevolutionBR
New member | Level 2

Hi @Lusil , Can I get this email that you sent @denebarry

even i would like to know why does dropbox need Nvidia GPU.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there @xevolutionBR

In general, the desktop app uses GPU processes to function accordingly. However, before moving this discussion to email, could you please elaborate on the behavior you’re experiencing a bit? For example:
  • Is the desktop app running slowly or slowing down processes for you?
  • Are you seeing any errors?
Any screenshots (without personal info) would also be very helpful so as to have a better understanding of your query. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xevolutionBR
New member | Level 2

I am not facing any issues with Dropbox, but just being regularly curious.

I noticed that dropbox is using GPU, and got excited to think on how can an application utimilize a GPU for non-graphical tasks.

Also got a bit of concern(atleast on my end), wondering if my GPU is being consumed by something I am not aware of.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there @xevolutionBR, apologies for the tardy reply. 

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address that’s connected to your Community profile so that we can have a look into this as a whole. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox and we’ll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

dufreyne
New member | Level 2
Need more support?