cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Email for old dropbox same as buisness

New member | Level 2

I did not link my email to my business account. 

I had 2 dropbox's installed on my computer.  I could easily move from personal on the home page and back. 

My old user has now vanished with fles I need and all i have is access to the buisness. When I try to link the account it refuses as it is the same email. 

Help needed Thanks 

3 Replies

Re: Email for old dropbox same as buisness

Dropboxer

Hi @DaniD1, I'd be more than happy to try and help you out here!

To see if your accounts are still connected, please sign into your Business account online using the email you know.

From there, can you click on the option in the very bottom left corner of the page. You should see your personal account if they're still connected.

If you see it there, please click on this to open your personal account and then visit your account settings page here. This page will show you the associated email address.

It wouldn't be possible to have multiple accounts under the same email, so finding the personal account's email should help you with signing back in via the desktop app.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I unlinked accounts, and added a different dropbox account, not the one i am trying to get into . If I leave business will my account return back to the old ?

Super User II

@DaniD1 wrote:

If I leave business will my account return back to the old ?

Not automatically. When your account is removed from a Business team, it's deleted. Instead, you need to ask the admin of your Business team to convert your account back to an individual account.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Email for old dropbox same as buisness
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post